Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2009, 09:59 AM
    How to Perform Electronic Air Temperature Control On-Board Diagnostics on Many Fords
    The Remote Climate Control (RCC) module is capable of displaying both self-test faults and intermittent (run time) faults on the Integrated Control Panel (ICP). To obtain these codes, perform the following EATC on-board diagnostics test:

. On-board diagnostics should be run in ambient temperatures between 50 and 90 degrees F. Record all Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) displayed during diagnostic test mode.

. Turn ignition switch to RUN position.

. Push both OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously; then, press AUTO within two seconds.

. The test may run as long as 30 seconds, while the display will show a dashed line in the center of the display window.

. After about 20 seconds, a DTC will appear in the display. The self-test is completed when 888 appears in the center of the climate control display window of the ICP.

. To exit the self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs, press the "-" (cooler) side of the TEMP button. The RCC module will exit the self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs.

. Always exit the self-test, before powering the system down (system turned off).

. Refer to a DTC Index for additional help. Here are several common self-test faults:

024--A/C Electronic Blend Door Actuator Failure
    030--In-Car Temperature Sensor Short
    031--In-Car Temperature Sensor Open
    040--Ambient Temperature Sensor Short
    041--Ambient Temperature Sensor Open
    050--Sunload Sensor Short

. Some heating and air conditioning control problems are solved just by running the self-test.

NOTE: Intermittent (run time) trouble codes will be deleted after 80 ignition cycles.

Check out some similar questions!

GE electronic control flashing F1 ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE model # JGBP32GEL flashing F1 every few seconds. The only way to stop it is to unplug it for a while. When I plug it back in it will start up again in a few hours. My question is what is the message indicating and what part needs to be replaced? p.s. the stove is about 18 years old ...

GE oven electronic control flashing F1 ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE model # JGBP32GEL flashing F1 every few seconds. The only way to stop it is to unplug it for a while. When I plug it back in it will start up again in a few hours. My question is what is the message indicating and what part needs to be replaced? p.s. the stove is about 18 years old ...

Dishwasher electronic control [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the heating element without any help from you losers! So now how do I access the electronic control for the thermostat??

Electronic Circuits of Remote Control of Ceiling/Cabin Fans [ 2 Answers ]

What is the circuit diagram of Remote Control of Domestic Ceiling or Cabin Fans?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.