Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask

View Poll Results: Will you get your shot?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flu shot?

2 9.09%
  • H1N1 (swine flu) shot?

0 0%
  • Both?

8 36.36%
  • Neither

12 54.55%
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I thought so J_9, it's mainly targeted for those who already have respiratory issues (such as your sons asthma) and the eldery.
    I had read that the healthy elderly are probably already immune to swine flu because of all the times they have already had the flu. Like J said, the populations that are most susceptible are those between 6-24 and those who have asthma or compromised immune systems.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I had read that the healthy elderly are probably already immune to swine flu
    EXACTLY! I am immune also, since I was exposed as a child in the '70s. However, with the risk to my patients, I am going to make sure I get it so that they don't pass the new strain to me.
    Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    My grandmother will certainly be getting the flu shot, I shudder to think what would happen to her if she did not get the shot and then contracted H1N1 (she is almost 90)
    The flu shot and the H1N1 shot are 2 totally different animals. Your grandmother should get the flu shot, but not the H1N1 shot.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I have edited the poll to include "Neither"

Twinkie....the links you have provided above are NOT from reputable sources.

This would be considered a reputable source

CDC H1N1 Flu | Questions & Answers Novel H1N1 Influenza Vaccine

As well as this one

FDA Approves Vaccines for 2009 H1N1 Influenza Virus

Stringer, my opinion on the H1N1 vaccination has been made very clear. It should be taken by anyone that is in the high risk category, such as pregnant women, young children, people in the health care field where they will be exposed, people with immuno deficiencies, etc.

While I admire and respect Twinkie very much, I think she is attempting to start a panic where the vaccine is concerned. Vaccines have cured many past illnesses such as smallpox and polio just to name two.

I will be giving the vaccine to my children (as youngsters under the age of 25 fall into the high risk group), and will be taking it myself as I work in the medical field with pregnant women who also fall under the high risk group.

Remember people, don't panic.....it's JUST a flu. More people die yearly from the regular ole seasonal flu.
    Ok, thanks J.
    FlutterBye Posts: 13, Reputation: -1

Sep 27, 2009, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Don't know how to do a "poll" so I'll just ask this

Are you or anyone in your family planning on getting the seasonal flu shot this year?

Are you or anyone in your family planning on getting the series of swine flu shots this year?

Have you or any of your family members ever had a flu shot and got very ill a week or so later with the worst flu you ever had?

My son and I are not planning on getting either flu shots this year or any year. We both had seasonal flu shots about 14 years ago and we both got extremely ill with bad flu symptoms about a week after the shots. We were very ill for about 3 weeks.

How about you? What are you planning on doing this fall?

Ha, Ha!! First of all... you had a bad reaction to a "seasonal flu shot" 14 YEARS AGO! Have you, or your son, EVEN HAD A FLU SHOT SINCE then? BTW... the swine flu shot will be a SINGLE shot (for basically everyone except small babies) NOT a SERIES of shots! Check the facts... give it a Google! My Opinion Only..!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 03:19 AM
    The flu shot and the H1N1 shot are 2 totally different animals. Your grandmother should get the flu shot, but not the H1N1 shot.
    Oh OK, sorry, I don't know that much about it...
    I just know she is getting some sort of flu shot, she does every flu season as far as I know.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FlutterBye View Post
    Ha, Ha!!! First of all.....you had a bad reaction to a "seasonal flu shot" 14 YEARS AGO! Have you, or your son, EVEN HAD A FLU SHOT SINCE then? BTW...the swine flu shot will be a SINGLE shot (for basically everyone except small babies) NOT a SERIES of shots!! Check the facts....give it a google!! My Opinion Only.....!!
    Yes, my son and I have both had the flu since 14 years ago. We have had the flu only not as bad as that particular 3 week illness. We take lots of Vitamin D to help ward off the flu and to lessen the symptoms if we do get the flu.

Also yes, some sites have suggested a series of H1N1 shots and not just one shot for the swine flu. Even my local TV news says you need up to 4 swine flu shots so I am not making this up. And also the infants under 6 months will not be getting these shots.

And no, I'm sorry. I don't consider the US government sites as being reputable. I don't trust the AMA or the CDC and especially the WHO as far as I can throw them. They are told what to say and write regardless if it is "harmful to the public" or not. It's been proven over and over again that the US Government is not for the populace.

I would not willingly put that squalene into my blood stream and also the excessive mercury and who knows what else they've put into this "vaccine". Squalene is okay if you eat it by mouth. But it is not okay if you inject it into your body. It causes the body's immune system to go haywire. It basically makes your body attack itself.

Thanks everyone who took my poll. I appreciate your participation.
    Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Even my local tv news says you need up to 4 swine flu shots so I am not making this up. And also the infants under 6 months will not be getting these shots.
    Your local TV news is WRONG... it's only 2 shots for those that are at risk.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Shots
    Your local TV news is WRONG...it's only 2 shots for those that are at risk.
    It's all down to which vaccine you use, we are now down to one and if we really worked on it I bet we could get it down to none:D
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2009, 05:50 PM

J-9 I was not trying to "start a panic" about the vaccinations. I was just stating my opinion on the matter having done extensive reading.

It's not the dead or live flu in the vaccination that I object to - it's all the other additives in the shot that are my main concern. When is it safe to have mercury introduced into the human body when mercury is one of the most toxic substances there is? Plus the squalene? Plus who knows what else? All this and much, much more was personally explained to me by a former Biopreparat vaccine substance staff member. He had a lot to do with biowarfare. He is deceased due to extreme old age. He would happily introduce himself as "My name is So and So. I make diseases". And that is exactly WHAT he did. So I tend to believe this man compared to the CDC, WHO, AMA, FDA, etc, etc. Where this man worked one false move or prick with a syringe would mean either a lifetime of suffering or certain horrible death within hours or days. He was extremely careful every day and lived to talk about it.

I can well understand your stance about the smallpox, etc. but that is a thing of the past. We are now faced with a much more insidious attack on our collective human health welfare with vaccines of dubious origin and content.

What about all the Guardasil deaths and permanent injuries to young girls that is currently being covered up or trying to be covered up. I don't feel that those vaccinations were necessary in the first place, let alone safe for them.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 4, 2009, 07:37 PM

Association between thimerosal-containing vaccine ...[JAMA. 2003] - PubMed Result

I've gotten the seasonal flu shot already, have so for decades and never have gotten the flu.
    I will get the swine flu vaccine also. I'm a healthcare worker so I'm getting these vaccines to protect others as much as to protect myself.

With any medicine or vaccination there are risks and benefits; ever read the potential side effects from aspirin or birth control pills?

Seen from an epidemiologic perspective, the risks of the vaccination are significantly less than the benefits; thus the recommendations for.

Twinkie, even in the YouTube link, the ID doctor put the risks as higher for certain population, and in the "consent" for the flu shot I received there were questions to idenify those who may be at higher risks from the vaccinations, those already with a fever, have had Guillian Barre in the past etc.

G&P
    Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 06:13 AM
    Just got home from work. I was the first in my facility to receive the H1N1 (swine flu) vaccine. There was a line at the door.

As IN mentioned this is not only for my protection, but for the health and welfare of my children and family as well as my patients.

The head of our surgery department had the virus 3 weeks ago... brought it home and gave it to her husband... he died a week later. I can't have that on my conscience since 2 of my children are in the high risk category.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2009, 06:44 AM

Hello:

I ain't getting it. Glenn Beck said that they're putting an RFID chip in me and they'll be able to track me all over the world...

Besides, Jews don't get flu from PIGS. It ain't kosher.

excon
    Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 06:46 AM
    Pigs ain't kosher... neither is the swine flu... can't get it from eatin' pork. Ya get it from people breathin' on you.

RFID chip? LMAO... guess I'll be tracked forever!!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 06:56 AM

Glenn Beck is nuts there is no RFID chip in Flu shots. Everyone knows they put a mind control drug in flu shots to make you want to go out and buy things. Hence why you get it around the holidays. Homer Simpson uncovered this conspiracy years ago :p

But I never get the flu shot. My wife said I am not social enough to worry about catching the flu from someone since I hate being around people.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 06:56 AM

I thought the vaccine used an inhaler... or is that just an option ?
    Hard to inject that radio chip when you are snorting the vaccine
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 06:58 AM
    flu shots to make you want to go out and buy things. Hence why you get it around the holidays
    One thing I'm sure to buy is a big fat holiday ham.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2009, 06:59 AM
    Got my flu shot yesterday. The H1N1 is arriving here next week I believe, haven't decided if I'll get that one as well.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Glenn Beck is nuts
    That's really all you needed to say. We are all in agreement there. :)
    Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 07:02 AM
    The inhaled version is a live/atinuated (attenuated vaccine a vaccine prepared from live microorganisms or viruses cultured under adverse conditions leading to loss of their virulence but retention of their ability to induce protective immunity) virus while the shot is an inactivated vaccine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Shot [ 2 Answers ]

How Due You Start A Hot Shot Company With The Oil Field Company's And How Due You Bid For There Business?

Hit me with your best shot! [ 12 Answers ]

I am on a 80's music hunt. I have a pretty large selection of 80's music, but I'm sure that there are a few songs out there that I don't have yet. If you have a hot minute, just ramble off some groups, or song titles that I can look up so I can add to my collection of great 80's music. ...

View more questions Search