Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    izumi_puppy Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Sep 25, 2009, 03:28 PM
    Vampires exist or not
    In many books I have read aout vampires but there's still one thing stuck in my head:

Do vampires exist or not? And why?
    YoungHyperLink Posts: 152, Reputation: 13

Sep 25, 2009, 04:15 PM

There is a variety of bat that sucks animal blood, and occasional cases have been known of them feeding on humans. The movie version is a myth, though.
    tattynatty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 02:51 AM
    As much of a fan as I am of Vampire literature, films and TV shows
    No,
    The types of vampire you are thinking of do not exist, they cannot exist, there are too many contradicting ideas about them and their roots are based in local myth rather than fact

There is a type of canniblism that just involves only drinking the blood of a human but these are just sick people not beings of myth

Although if vampires were real I would hope they would be more like the vampires from true blood

Sep 26, 2009, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tattynatty View Post
    As much of a fan as I am of Vampire literature, films and tv shows
    No,
    the types of vampire you are thinking of do not exist, they cannot exist, there are too many contradicting ideas about them and their roots are based in local myth rather than fact

there is a type of canniblism that just involves only drinking the blood of a human but these are just sick people not beings of myth

although if vampires were real I would hope they would be more like the vampires from true blood
    But some do not drink blood
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 26, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tattynatty View Post
    I would hope they would be more like the vampires from true blood
    True Blood, absolutely my fave show !

Tick
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 08:33 AM

There is a type of blood-sucking bat, but vampires in the sense that you are thinking of; the ones from books, moves or TV shows does not exist. Or at least I don't believe they do.

It is a lovely form of expression though, mythical creatures that exist in some books, movies and Tv shows... I think that's part of the appeal. (The world created in Twilight, Harry Potter, etc... I think that's why these series have drawn a lot of readers as well as viewers... cause the offer a magical universe.)
    Lightning55 Posts: 97, Reputation: 7

Sep 27, 2009, 09:48 AM

Mosquitoes, bats, and other insects are all technically "vampires." There are no humanoid vampires (although some consider cannibals vampires).
    kaalvoetkind Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Sep 29, 2009, 05:28 AM

What is your definition of a vampire?

Sep 29, 2009, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaalvoetkind View Post
    what is your definition of a vampire?
    Most people think that their blood-sucking monsters but I don't think that
    kaalvoetkind Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Oct 2, 2009, 01:59 AM
    I think that there are people that suck other peoples' blood

But I don't think that any human being could live from blood alone (as humans we need a great number of nutrients that are not found in blood in order to grow, heal and live)

And I struggle to believe that there are creatures, who resemble human beings, that live forever

But then again I believe that witches exist - they are simply not the friendly wand swishing "Harry Potter" kind...

Do I believe that a some version of "Edward Cullen" exists - NO
    Nor do I believe that the vapire versions portrayed in "Interview with a vampire" exists either

If vampires exist I think that they are something like the ones in the novel "violets are blue" by James Patterson
    RECESS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2009, 08:38 AM
    [no their not

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartoon from late 80s or early 90s of a school of vampires ,mumies,ghouls,and ghost [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find a cartoon I used to watch in either the late 80s or early 90s.the cartoon containd a vampire,mummie,ghouls,and ghost.they were all children that went to school

What's the difference between vampires and draculas? [ 3 Answers ]

What's the difference between a vampire and a dracula? Both suck human blood from neck? Both sleep during day and are awaken during night? Both sleep in coffin? I think I got something wrong there in my questions... Sort this out for me please Thanks

Vampires? [ 12 Answers ]

We always here all this stuff about vampires but "none of its real" somebody couldny just make this up could they? Any feedback? Do you beleve have? You seen? What I really want to know (and Kind of want to beleve!)

Whether GOD is exist or not? [ 40 Answers ]

Assalamualaikum, This question is forwarded my hindu friend and want to ask me that if you giving me a single scientific reason about this matter then I will agree your talk? Kindly help me?

Does anyone remember a kid show about vampires? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been looking as much as I could to find someone that remember about a show, it was probably a Canadian-Australian co-production, it aired around 1990, and it was about a boy, that was friend with two vampire kids, a boy and a girl. The vampires were living in a kind of crypt, with other...

View more questions Search