Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    logical42 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 01:57 PM
    Strange sounds?
    Hi, I moved into a new house about a year ago now and I knew the people that lived there before, and lately in the last 2 weeks or so I've noticed strange noises. The noises normally sound like really heavy breathing and sometimes normal toned speaking such as someone saying no. I've tried to be logical about this situation but I never hear the noises when I think about them I only hear them when I'm completely focused on something else, like watching the TV and then ill hear the noise, it also happens more when I put on some Metallica and get really into it I get a chilling heavy breathing noise. The people who used to live here had children who said that they never had seen anything. I don't know if this is some subconscious thing, or if there is something inside my house.

I would really appreciate some imput into my situation
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 02:46 PM

In aid to answer: Does this occur in only one room? Does this occur in another room when you are listening to your Metallic? Is there any consistent time i.e. always at 9:00PM? Tks

Sep 25, 2009, 02:48 PM

It happens in my room and in my lounge

Sep 25, 2009, 02:51 PM

Your bedroom? Can you pinpoint where the sounds where coming from?

Sep 25, 2009, 02:54 PM

I'm starting to think you may be getting some noises from the ductwork. Hmmmmm

Sep 25, 2009, 02:58 PM

OK. The last time it happened I was stood up I had just turned my radio off and I was walking over to my computer and it came from just behind me more to my right. So I don't think there's any defining features where the sound came from

Sep 25, 2009, 03:10 PM

New houses do have a tendency to shift and settle depending on the site it was built on and then there is the extra moans and groans thingys when the wind hits the house. There is also when the house heats up (on outside) and cools down (on outside). This is the fall and temperature variations can produce some disturbing noises in some houses.
    You could have a Home Inspector check this out. Do check out the references and with the BBB for any complaints
    Since the other family denies any such sounds, it is possible the above is what is occurring. Always as a precaution at night do ensure your doors and windows are locked down or even during the day depending on the neighborhood.
    You could also check with your local police department and see if they have patrols in your area. My BGF has a Neighborhood Watch Group. Nothing like a feeling of security when you are at home. Good Luck
    rewes Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Sep 25, 2009, 03:21 PM

Just a thought, are there any highways or flight paths close to your house. I have heard moaning like sounds coming from aircraft that are preparing to land or have just taken off. Most likley from the landing gear folding in or out of the aircraft when preparing to take off or land.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2009, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedarln2265 View Post
    New houses do have a tendancy to shift and settle depending on the site it was built on and then there is the extra moans and groans thingys when the wind hits the house. There is also when the house heats up (on outside) and cools down (on outside). This is the fall and temperature variations can produce some disturbing noises in some houses.
    You could have a Home Inspector check this out. Do check out the references and with the BBB for any complaints
    Since the other family denies any such sounds, it is possible the above is what is occurring. Always as a precaution at night do ensure your doors and windows are locked down or even during the day depending on the neighborhood.
    You could also check with your local police department and see if they have patrols in your area. My BGF has a Neighborhood Watch Group. Nothing like a feeling of security when you are at home. Good Luck

I wasn't aware that locking doors and windows - even during the day - keeps out the "paranormal." Same with Neighborhood Watch.

I also think it's important to always lock your car doors as soon as you get into the car.

Oh, I'm sorry - what were we talking about?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This lyrics sounds abit like R&B hope it sounds good: what of this too [ 1 Answers ]

I, is not easy, but you still got to push on Ready, all right Chorus when they say this they say that Do what you do3x when they say this they say that Do what you do

Sounds from PC while it is off? [ 7 Answers ]

Every once in awhile I have this happen, and it was just recently happening again this morning. The exact details are that I built this PC myself about a year ago and today is probably the 3rd time I had heard these noises. Basically they sound like a HDD being accessed while the PC is off. I tried...

Car Sounds? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 95 nissan altima gxe, lately I have had this boiling water sound coming from my car, and I don't know what it is exactly and how to fix it. Dose anyone know? What could it be and how would I fix it?

Strange Microwave sounds [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help. Last night my microwave was working fine. This morning I tried to heat some water and a very loud buzzing sound came from the motor area. There was a small smell of plastic. Every time I try it the same thing. I have not let it run to see if it is...

View more questions Search