Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babybaby123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2004, 11:15 PM
    ?? nursing cat with on lump on nipple
    I have a nursing cat with four kittens about 3-4 weeks old. The mother cat is young not even a year old and has had a very hard time nursing. She has developed a large oval shaped hard mass on one of her back nipples. Feels like hard cold clay. Almost feels like it is attached to body. She has developed a raw spot of skin possibley caused by the kittens nursing?? Can you please give me some sort of information so I don't have to pay big bucks to have a vet tell me it's a minor problem and that it will go away by itself in time. I don't mean to sound cheap but I do love my cat and kittens very much.. please email me at pgallahan@earthlink,net as soon as you can!
    Thank you!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2004, 07:57 AM
    Re:  ?? nursing cat with on lump on nipple
    I have a nursing cat with four kittens about 3-4 weeks old. The mother cat is young not even a year old and has had a very hard time nursing. She has developed a large oval shaped hard mass on one of her back nipples. Feels like hard cold clay. Almost feels like it is  attached to body. She has developed a  raw spot of skin possibley caused by the kittens nursing?  ?? Can you please give me some sort of information so I don't have to pay big bucks to have a vet tell me it's a minor problem and that it will go away by itself in time. I don't mean to sound cheap but I do love my cat and kittens very much.. please email me at pgallahan@earthlink,net as soon as you can!
                                            Thank you!
    Perhaps none of the people that know more about cats than I do responded because questions like this do not work well on the net. An experienced person needs to see the lump. For most of us, that means a visit to the vet.
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

Jul 18, 2004, 06:24 PM
    Re:  ?? nursing cat with on lump on nipple
    Hello,

Just checking back. Hope my suggestions gave some insight/relief.

Let me know if you've discovered the cause.

Regards,
    vktizzle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babybaby123
    I have a nursing cat with four kittens about 3-4 weeks old. The mother cat is young not even a year old and has had a very hard time nursing. She has developed a large oval shaped hard mass on one of her back nipples. Feels like hard cold clay. Almost feels like it is attached to body. She has developed a raw spot of skin possibley caused by the kittens nursing? ??? Can you please give me some sort of information so i dont have to pay big bucks to have a vet tell me its a minor problem and that it will go away by itself in time. I dont mean to sound cheap but i do love my cat and kittens very much..please email me at pgallahan@earthlink,net as soon as you can!
    Thank you!
    Ummmm... she might have a abse ikd take jer to the vet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pink nipple discharge [ 5 Answers ]

This morning when I woke up I noticed that pink colored discharged had leaked out of my breast during the night. I've had the normal clear discharge for a couple of weeks now and I'm 36 weeks pregnant and just wondering if that's normal??

Connection for dielectric nipple [ 1 Answers ]

Which way is the best to connect copper to galvenize pipe... gal pipe to brass valve to dielectric nipple to copper..? Thank

Nursing cat [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has been nursing 5 weeks. The kittens are now gone. The cats nipples are still producing and are very swollen. Is this normal and if so when will this subside. Is there anything I should be aware of?

View more questions Search