Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CharlotteL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 10:45 AM
    Forced Air furnace is only blowing cold air
    I turned my furnace on for the first time this fall and it is not heating. The blower works
    And is blowing cold air. The furnace is a forced air furnace. I have lived in this townhouse for about two years and not sure what to do. Have called a couple people but everyone is really busy right now. I don't know much about these things so I feel really stupid.

Anyone have any ideas?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 25, 2009, 10:49 AM
    The first thing you always need to do young lady is post the brand/manufacturer and the EXACT model number. You will have to take the door off the unit to get the model numbers etc.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 06:18 PM

See the FAQ's and at least let us know the age efficiency and sequence of operation so we can come up with an educated guess as to your problem.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 06:19 PM
    Or Google heating repair and find a NATE certified repair company.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 06:20 PM
    NATE - North American Technician Excellence

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forced air furnace blows cold at first... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I found this forum full of helpful answers, so I'm hoping will be able to get some ideas on what could be wrong with my heating system. Iam using forced air furnace, that was working fine last year blowing hot air. However, this fall soon after turning it on, cycle starts but blowing...

Cut opening in cold air return to allow alternative heat through forced air furnace? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a wood burning stove heating up my basement but the heat can't get to the upstairs because of the home design. I can't cut openings in the basement ceiling (upstairs floor) for the heat to just rise, so I am thinking about cutting a vent in the cold air return duct downstairs so I can just...

Forced air blowing cold air out of one vent, warm out of others [ 1 Answers ]

We have a forced heating system and all of the rooms but one have warm air blowing out of the vents. Why would colder or cool air be blowing out of the vents in one room? Note that this room is much larger than the other bedrooms so I figured the force of the air might be split between two vents...

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

View more questions Search