Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shirlpax Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Sep 25, 2009, 03:49 AM
    Nopalea side effects
    Has anyone tried nopalea and had any negative side effects? All I've heard is good stuff but I want to be sure before I try it.

Desperate for help
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 25, 2009, 03:58 AM

I checked out some websites for 'Nopal" which is a cactus type plant and the claims they make for the benefits of taking this 'stuff'. They claim it lowers cholesterol, reduces blood sugar, therefore aiding diabetes and can lessen the effects of alcohol overindulgence.

I am sorry to say that they make claims that don't really have any substance and nothing mentions negative side effects.

Shirplax, can you tell me why you want to take this stuff and what medical conditions you hope to eliminate by doing so. If you are diabetic you cannot depend on a natural substance to help or eliminate type l or 2 diabetes. Only proper medication and diet can help you with that.

I have never heard of nopalea.

Tick
    shirlpax Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Sep 25, 2009, 12:45 PM

Its supposed to help chronic pain and inflammation.i have been diagnosed with fibramyalga and ibs and suffer a panic /anxiety disorder.i don't like to take medicine and am looking to try natural things.thanks for your reply
    Expert

Sep 25, 2009, 01:33 PM

I don't think you will find any natural medications for the type of chronic medical conditions that you have.

Tick
    golfinggirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2009, 04:48 AM
    I have been taking nopalea for 5 months and have experienced incredible results. Minor pain from playing golf disappeared in 5 days. I just got my cholesterol results. My HDL was up 40 points, LDL down 30 points and the ratio went from 1.9 to 1.1. My blood pressure has gone down from 125 / 85 to 115 / 70.

Nopalea reduces inflammation in the body. Serious conditions that may begin with inflammation are fibromyalgia, diabetes, allergies, asthma, arthritis, and more. See

Untitled Page - Welcome

I have not experienced any side effects from nopalea.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
    pdaniels1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2010, 01:10 PM

Have serious fibromyalgia - also have problems and reactions to many products, natural or otherwise. Am a bit nervous about ordering and finding it to have side affects.
    golfinggirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2010, 02:02 PM
    TriVita, the makers of nopalea, have a 60-day money back guarantee. To order go to www.trivita.com/13239077. The website also lists the ingredients in nopalea. It's mainly made from the nopal cactus. It has many fruit juices in it. There are no artificial sweeteners, preservatives or sugar in it. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
    LarryStang Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2010, 11:09 AM
    :)
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinggirl View Post
    I have been taking nopalea for 5 months and have experienced incredible results. Minor pain from playing golf disappeared in 5 days. I just got my cholesterol results. My HDL was up 40 points, LDL down 30 points and the ratio went from 1.9 to 1.1. My blood pressure has gone down from 125 / 85 to 115 / 70.

Nopalea reduces inflammation in the body. Serious conditions that may begin with inflammation are fibromyalgia, diabetes, allergies, asthma, arthritis, and more. See

Untitled Page - Welcome

I have not experienced any side effects from nopalea.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
    LarryStang Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2010, 11:12 AM

I have to disagree with the person who says you cannot take a natural product to combat diabetes or other chronic illness. Relying on pharmaceducals is the trap most of us our lead to believe is the answer to all our problems. It is not how nature intended it. Napolea is a powerful natural aid to many issues.
    zigswife Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2010, 09:20 PM
    Actually, I also suffer from Fibromyalgia. I reacted poorly to all the anti inflammatory drugs that would be a normal course of action to abate symptoms.I was diagnosed at 31 and was told to go home and do the best I could. Some days my child had to help dress me and I could hardly feed myself. Through de stressing, natural therapies including massage and acupuncture I have been able to get at least a partially active life back. I am 33 now, 34 this year and my massage therapist (who is not with Trivita by the way)told me of another client who has rhuem arthritis and Fibro. Her RA number was in the hundreds and she was taking multiple meds including steroid and couldn't get the inflammation under control... she asked her doctor about Nopalea and he agreed she should try anything... Her RA number fell so low the doctor started taking it! I decided I had to know because I want my life back. It has really been working for me. I have gone from 2-4 pain meds per day being the norm (and often not anywhere near enough) to taking an advil being the exception to the rule. Try it! They do have an excellent guarantee. One bit of advice is to order multiple bottles the first order as you need to take a loading dose to get your inflammation under control.I took between 6 and9 oz per day depending on the weather. For me, within 2 days of taking it I no longer was wakened from sleep for oain med... I now can usually walk 2 km day and I feel pretty great most days. I still have pain some days, but before some days I was almost crazy with pain and I haven't experienced that yet with the Nopalea. Hope this helps and good luck
    zigswife Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2010, 09:22 PM

Oh also, after the loading dose you lower the daily dose to whatever you need to keep things in check for me that's 2-3 oz per day-you'll know. :)
    ashleyatroyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2010, 09:55 PM
    We just received our first bottle from our uncle that is very involved in it. Our 2 year old suffers from SEVERE eczema that is only controlled with bouts of Prednisone every 3 months and daily medication of Zyrtec and Hydroxizine to help with the itching. She continues to tear her skin up so severely that she bleeds. We're at our wits end and heard a story about a young lady that suffered from eczema far worse than our daughter, she never went outside and after suffering from this for most of her life tried the Nopalea and it completely erased her skin issues. My only thought is the anti-inflammatory results that Nopalea gives would surely help our daughter or anyone suffering from allergies since the medications that they are prescribed i.e.. Prednisone are anti-inflammatories. I am hoping this our cure. 2 tablespoons a day is surely better than the 8 doses of medicine our daughter receives a day. Good luck to anyone trying this!
    TonyStark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2010, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryStang View Post
    I have to disagree with the person who says you cannot take a natural product to combat diabetes or other chronic illness. Relying on pharmaceducals is the trap most of us our lead to believe is the answer to all our problems. It is not how nature intended it. Napolea is a powerfull natural aid to many issues.
    Take a shower Hippy.
    stnarf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2010, 01:23 AM

If Nopalea didn't work for you, Zrii is also a natural anti-inflammatory and much more! I've seen amazing changes in peoples health. People with Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid arthritis that now have no pain, a former 10 year MLB player with anxiety who suffered from esophageal spasms and is now of his meds with no problems, more energy, better sleep, lowering of thyroid meds, no longer depressed, no more digestive problems, etc. It's also preservative free, certified low glycemic and endorsed by the world famous Chopra Center for Wellbeing. It even costs less then Nopalea. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Stephanie
    Zrii Business Opportunity | Network Marketing Business | Zrii
    Zrii | Zrii Amalaki Drink | Zrii Products
    www.haveitalllife.com
    leepers Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2010, 12:53 AM
    I believe that Fibromyalgia/CFS is a circulatory condtion. I do believe that taking pure, organic cactus helps circulatory and inflammatory conditions: garlic, adaptogens (bitters), omega fatty acids (particularly from fatty fish, flax and hemp), parsley, cilantro, peppermint (herb,oil and tea), capsacin (hot peppers), lemon/lime juice AND peel (organic and wash well), green tea (there are low caffeine ones), and a few others also help with not only circulatory/inflammatory conditions, but a few other conditions as well, such as; digestive disorders. It is also important to eat at least 4 small/medium meals (breakfast is an absolute must, and should be medium meal) every 2-4 hours. I know this can be/is challenging, but it can be done. I also believe that there is something to be said about eating foods according to ones' blood type: I was skeptical, but now I believe that it has some merit to it, from being on and off the blood-type program for >7 years. It is difficult at first, because your body/brain is so accustomed to eating a certain way, but after a few months, it becomes more routine... granted, I still will occasionally eat one or two items which I should not, but I compensate with eating mostly beneficial foods for my blood-type.

I am not disadvising the use of pharmaceutical drugs. I believe that there are alternatives to many/most medical conditions; one being prevention... an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, would not you agree?

We must ensure that our schools and children are consuming (and being taught in class) foods which enhance their well-being, and to use this knowledge for their children, et al.

May 26, 2010, 01:00 AM

I also believe that there is a parasitical compenent to fibromyalgia/cfs and other conditions as well.

May 26, 2010, 01:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by leepers View Post
    I believe that Fibromyalgia/CFS is a circulatory condtion. I do believe that taking pure, organic cactus helps circulatory and inflammatory conditions: garlic, adaptogens (bitters), omega fatty acids (particularly from fatty fish, flax and hemp), parsley, cilantro, peppermint (herb,oil and tea), capsacin (hot peppers), lemon/lime juice AND peel (organic and wash well), green tea (there are low caffeine ones), and a few others also help with not only circulatory/inflammatory conditions, but a few other conditions as well, such as; digestive disorders. It is also important to eat at least 4 small/medium meals (breakfast is an absolute must, and should be medium meal) every 2-4 hours. I know this can be/is challenging, but it can be done. I also believe that there is something to be said about eating foods according to ones' blood type: I was skeptical, but now I believe that it has some merit to it, from being on and off the blood-type program for >7 years. It is difficult at first, because your body/brain is so accustomed to eating a certain way, but after a few months, it becomes more routine.....granted, I still will occasionally eat one or two items which I should not, but I compensate with eating mostly beneficial foods for my blood-type.

I am not disadvising the use of pharmaceutical drugs. I believe that there are alternatives to many/most medical conditions; one being prevention.....an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, would not you agree?

We must ensure that our schools and children are consuming (and being taught in class) foods which enhance their well-being, and to use this knowledge for their children, et al.
    Forgot to add ginger (particularly fresh) which is a potent circulatory rejuvenator.
    mslisarose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 08:36 AM
    I've been looking into Nopalea partially for me, but more for a family member with Gout. It seems to have some really healthy ingredients - never heard of Betalains - so I'm intrigued to try it out. So far I haven't heard much of anything negative and I'm trying to find the best deal online for it - who pays retail on the internet?!
    mslisarose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 08:37 AM

I've been looking into Nopalea partially for me, but more for a family member with Gout. It seems to have some really healthy ingredients - never heard of Betalains - so I'm intrigued to try it out. So far I haven't heard much of anything negative and I'm trying to find the best deal online for it - who pays retail on the internet?!
    Expert

May 26, 2010, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mslisarose View Post
    I've been looking into Nopalea partially for me, but more for a family member with Gout. It seems to have some really healthy ingredients - never heard of Betalains - so I'm intrigued to try it out. So far I haven't heard much of anything negative and I'm trying to find the best deal online for it - who pays retail on the internet??!!
    I am in the healthcare field and also have gout which is too much uric acid in the blood, so drinking lots of water to flush out kidneys helps to reduce painful attacks. That is what I have found. I wouldn't care to take any holistic remedy as I am a diabetic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Side effects [ 4 Answers ]

Please can you tell me what side effects I will have to expect on superfact

Side effects [ 1 Answers ]

What are the side effects of metoprolol succ er in adult males

If I can't climax, are there other ramifications? [ 4 Answers ]

My question is pretty straighforward (I think). Are there physiological effects that happen to a man when he's been aroused and doesn't climax? Thanks.

Side effects [ 1 Answers ]

Side Effects Of Finasteride In Women

View more questions Search