Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matt321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 06:12 PM
    1995 Altima Idleing problem Knock & O2 sensor, EGR Flow Problem
    I have 1995 Nissan Altima with 67,000 miles. When the car is idleing when I start it or when it is at a red light the rpm's go from 6000 to 9000. It sounds like I am reving the engine. The engine sounds fine when I am driving the car ( rpm's are consitent). I went to AutoZone the read out errors were P0400 EGR Flow malfunction, P0325 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 or 1 Sensor, P0136 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2). Im not sure if this is related but sometimes the rpm gauge acts goofy it sticks on a random rpm or it moves side to side like a metronome. The speedometer also sticks at a random speed sometimes. When both guages malfunction the engine sounds like it is running perfect the speed does not change. Someone told me to replace the Knock sensor first because it might be setting of the O2 Sensor and EGR Flow. Any suggestions would be helpful thank you.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2006, 07:20 PM
    1. Test/replace the igniter and coil.

2. Replace spark plugs, rotor, and distributor cap.

3. Test/replace O2 Sensor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Honda Civic knock sensor [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the knock sensor located on the 2000 Honda Civic EX 4D 1.6l (single overhead cam)?

VW Beetle Knock Sensor 1 [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to locate the Knock Sensor 1 on my 2001 VW Beetle 1.8L AWV. The service manual shows it is on the left hand side of the Intake Manifold, but I don’t see it. The emissions test failed due to: On-Board Diagnostic Codes Read - 1 P0327 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input (Bank 1...

Nissan altima knock sensor [ 2 Answers ]

Would like to know where the knock sensor is on the 95 nissan altima Not the oxegen sensor but the knock... Thanks

Knock & Flow Stop at Hot Water only to Kit. Sink & D/W [ 3 Answers ]

At our kitchen sink we have a problem with the hot water flow. When the hot water is turned on full (a mixing faucet) either immediately or shortly after the water comes to a full stop simultaneously there is a knock. The water does not begin flowing until you turn off the water altogether. ...

View more questions Search