Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casstanet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 03:40 PM
    Novel - about living in a sunken ship
    From 40 years ago, or more, maybe? Small group of people figure out how to survive for years (more than one generation) in a sunken vessel. I remember they used a bicycle for generating electricity. Seems like "below" or "under" was in the title, but I can't find by searching those terms. Not the Blish story.
    Thanks for offering your time as an expert!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 04:25 PM

A Young Adult fiction?

Call your local library and ask for the reference department. They have reader's advisory books (and memories) that will help answer your question.
    Lucas2009 Posts: 129, Reputation: 21

Sep 26, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Not sure about a book, but there was a movie with that same plot. It was called Goliath Awaits.

Goliath Awaits (1981) (TV)
    sleemet Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2010, 03:02 PM
    I just watched Goliath awaits, and when looking it up I ran into this question and possibly also into the answer to it. Were you referring to:

James White:
    The Watch Below (Ballantine U2285, February 1966).
    A survival-kit novel that 'anticipated' the awful made-for-TV movie, Goliath Awaits, by fifteen years. In the first plotline, a Second World War British tanker is torpedoed and sunk -- but not all the way down. Some few people survive and even thrive in a huge air-pocket, knocking together their own life-support system. Much later, aquatic aliens from a dead planet splash down in the Atlantic and help free their unfortunate counterparts.
    Other collectible editions: Whiting & Wheaton hardcover, London, 1966; Corgi GS7759, 1967; Walker hardcover, New York, 1969.

Found this on James White Information

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capsized sunken ship [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the title of a 1970's or early 80's movie in which a passenger ship sinks to the bottom of the sea and several passengers are able to survive in a sealed off portion of the ship? I have no idea of the movie title or exact dates, but I reall there people living in the ship for...

Raise drain in sunken tub [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tiled sunken tub that I want to raise the drain so I can fill in the tub and make it into a shower. I was told that I need to chip away the tile and dig around the drain. Digging around the drain is not easy as I have been using a cold chisel and 3 lb hammer the last two days. Is this...

Sunken sand bottom [ 1 Answers ]

We had a 24' round pool installed less than a month ago. The ground was damp when it was installed, but was tamped down well and we were assured that the only problem we would have is footprints from the installer putting in the liner. A layer of a sand mixture was put down over the dirt. We...

Sunken tub [ 2 Answers ]

I'm ready to build a sunken tub like I had as a kid in my country,, now 4inch slab entire bathroom has floor removed 8feet by six feet, will place 2by 6 by 60inch as a temp boarding for the pour.. top of board flush w/floor surface so floor of tub will be 5 and half deep... sides will be under...

View more questions Search