Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigim Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Sep 24, 2009, 02:52 PM
    How did I end up in the life insurance business? Need advise
    Hi guys, I'm 26 from las vegas. Went to unlv, got a finance degree. Good gpa 3.6ish. Right after college I joined a life insurance company and did financial planning sales for 2.5 years. Left there with a bunch of debt and now work for a life insurance brokerage. Make 40k mostly salaray, little commission, this job's not sales. Plus do pizza deliveries to pay down debt. My current job is boring, not challenging. I don't think I want to do all commission sales anymore, I have an analytical mind, I think. I am thinking about getting a CFA (chartered financial analyst) designation, try to work in investments, somehow. Then do a MBA from as good of a school as possible. Then, I don't know. I am lost. I feel like I'm falling behind in life!! Give me some advice if you guys can. Thank you.
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 09:18 PM

Wow, you have accomplished a lot and paying down your debt - commendable.
    Switching careers with the additional schooling needed to reach this new goal you are thinking about would also require some anaylsis of the job market for that area of expertise, what kind of commitment the career will require and the qualifications you would need to work for a couple of specific companies. If you are able, get specifics about careers that would be available after graduation. Some degrees do have a certain latitude of some crossover employment.
    If your aptitude is analysis, there could be other fields and careers in those fields that you like better and a better salary is all good too.
    Check with a few universities and see what they have to offer in the way of fields that are heavy in the analytical areas. Good luck
    bigim Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Sep 29, 2009, 11:29 PM

Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shall I be successful in insurance agency( life insurance corporation of india) [ 2 Answers ]

At present I am a life insurance agent full timer since last 01 year but not much business. I want to know whether I shall be successful in this profession.

Life Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering what if any, does the person who receives the life insurance money have to do. Here's the run down. My Grandmother passed away in early dec 06. My grandpa thought because they had been married and she had told him that her life insurance was in his name that he would be getting...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Life insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My ex passed on and had life insurance and the policy was less than two yrs old and the damn insurance company is supposebly investigating does any one know how long they investigate for ? Also they tried to get me to sign a medical release but I said I could not as were not married any more who...

View more questions Search