Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jackstar43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 12:34 PM
    "uns000.dat" missing and firewall unistall not possible
    Dear friends,

I have already purchased (and paid for it with my credit card) Lasvasoft 3. Nevertheless, I cannot install it without previously uninstalling my Lavasoft Personal Firewall ver. 1.0.543.5722 (433), which has just expired. I cannot uninstall this previous version, nor can I renew it (I even tried that, ready to give up version 3, already paid for). All this because something called "unins000.dat" appears to be missing in my computer.
    Lavasoft has no customer support. I am on my own here. To make it worse, I do not know much about computers and softwares.

Can someone kindly provide me with some guidance on (I) where to find this unins000.dat, and (ii) on how to install it in my computer so as to be able to (iii) uninstall Lavasoft Personal Firewall ver. 1.0.543.5722 (433), and subsequently (iv) be able to install Lavasoft Personal Firewall 3, [U]which I have already paid for, but am unable to use unless previous version 1.0.543.5722 (433) is previously and correctly uninstalled.
    I will much appreciate any help.

Jackstar43
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 01:27 PM

The file unins000.dat is installed on your hard drive when the program is originlly installed and now cannot find it whether it was deleted by accident or misplaced.

I would suggest to reinstall the version you have on the computer now and once you reinstall it, the file unins000.dat should be installed back on the computer.
    -Now go to try and uninstall it again, hopefully this will work out as reinstalling will create the file unins000.dat again and then be able to uninstall

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations on asking for "missing" payment after a mistake [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, What are the statute of limitations for asking someone for a payment that was otherwise "missed"? For example; I purchased a house back in May/June 2008 and I cleared all my payments to my lawyer straight away. I just received a letter in the mail stating that he was looking over his...

"landlord missing in action" Delaware county,PA [ 5 Answers ]

I been living in a section 8 rented home for 3 years now, and my landlord has not been seen in a month. The last time I seen and spoken with him was dec. 30, he collected the rent and was going to fix my stove, he told me he will be back after the holidays. My landlord is always on time picking up...

Popup messege"Your firewall status is unknown" [ 2 Answers ]

Windows Security Centre pops a messege at startup"Your firewall status is unknown. Please check windows security centre for recommendations." My zone alarm pro loads fine but the messege refuses to go. A scan by Spybot Search and Destroy removed a spyware called" Windows Firewall Disability...

View more questions Search