Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Calyrain Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Pain the tongue after one year of cancer surgery
    Hi! My mom had cancer surgery on her tongue in September 2008. She lost half of it. The doctor says she's OK now ,but she still has constant pain . Is there something to help her? She says the pain stops only when she sleeps. Besides, she lost the sensation of her left ear, because the doctor took away 60 ganglios from the neck. Also she 's very thin. She's 75 years old. Thanks for your help.
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 02:46 PM

The doctor says she's OK but she says she's in pain. Do call the doctor and tell him that she says she's in pain and ask what to do. You could also ask if the doctor gave her a prescription and perhaps she didn't get it filled for pain meds.
    You can ask about a Dietian for help with her weight
    It is not an easy job being the caregiver. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue piercing pain factor? [ 3 Answers ]

okay, so, I really would like my tongue pierced in the next couple of weeks.. so far I have: 10mm flesh holes in each ear (and one more hole above this on each ear) monroe nostril cartilage (top of ear) belly button x2 I have quite a good pain thresh-hold, didn't flinch at any of the above...

Lump with pain on side of tongue. [ 7 Answers ]

I have had a painful lump on the right side of my tongue about two times over the past year. I am a 23 yr old smoker and drinker... which I know is half my problem. This lump usually arises after I have been asleep for a bit. It usually cause me to talk a bit different and has some pain...

Could pain be cancer? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My dad has been having pain in his low back/waist area (right where a belt would be) for about 2 months. The pain also radiates to the groin area and the front of his right thigh is numb at times. The only relief to this pain is lying flat in bed. Let me also add a little more medical...

Breast pain and cancer paranoia [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25 and have Type I diabetes since I was 6. No history of breast cancer in either sides of my family. I recently (~one month ago) started to have a mild pain in my left breast, also "irradiating" towards the armpit and the back. I checked for lumps/ swells, but I find it really hard to tell if...

Breast cancer pain [ 2 Answers ]

Is there pain in the breast when cancer is present

View more questions Search