Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    captkirk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 11:22 AM
    Are there statues of limitions as applied to taxs
    I was just assessed with unpaid taxs from 1990 1991 1992 and this was a great surprised to me as I thought this was taking care of in 99 In fact I have received refunds since then
    The capt
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 02:41 PM

A bit more detail is needed. Why did you think it was taken care of in 1999? Did you have a tax preparer do your taxes in 1999 to clear any back taxes? Questions are only asked to aid in an answer tks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by captkirk View Post
    I was just assessed with unpaid taxs from 1990 1991 1992 and this was a great suprised to me as I thought this was takin care of in 99 In fact I have recieved refunds since then
    the capt

Ask to see proof - I believe IRS can only go back 7 years unless they uncover fraud.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Catholics and Statues [ 104 Answers ]

I've been wondering about this for some time now... Why do Catholics have statues of virgins, of a man on the cross representing Jesus when God said that we should not praise idols? Because that's how I see, it, idols! The Israeli once made a golden cow to represent God, and He was not pleased...

Fertility statues [ 1 Answers ]

Will fertility statues increase my chances of getting pregnant even after a tubal? What can I do other than have a tubal reversal or ivf?

Taxs applicable upon change of status from OPT to H1 B [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! 1) I am in the US for the entire year in 2008. From January 2008 till Sept 2008 I will be earning income on OPT Status. From Oct 2008 till Dec 2008, I will work on H1 B status (about 92 days). Will I have to pay social security and medicare for the 92 days period that I will be on H1 B status?...

Part year taxs (travelling consulant) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a software consulatnt from an xyz company. I lived in Florida starting sept to dec. I was working for one of the clients (of employer) in oklahama for the most part remotely from Florida. I did work in oklaham for a week in December. My employer has deducted oklahama taxes for...

View more questions Search