Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    headacheforhonda Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Car shaking-reason fund
    Hi,

I promised someone the other day to update info regarding car (92 Honda civic, auto, 4dr) shaking problem. It was not because of engine mounting. It was due to one cylinder not working properly. The spark plug wire and spark plug to this cylinder are fine. It sparks well. Gas gets ignited (when pull out the plug, plug is black). There is not much pressure in the cylinder to push the piston going. Therefore the car effectively runs on three cylinders. The mechanic suggested to change the cylinder header. After I told him that the transmission may have a slippage problem since the car has to go above 3500rpm to get to the second or third gear (goes about 32mph maximum).The car can go to next gear if rpm reaches 5000-5500rpm(get only about 40-45mph), he suggested me to trash the car. It's not worth to keep it any longer (many parts have been changed over the years, a lot of them are quite new)

Any suggestions are more than welcomed!

Thanks.
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 02:56 PM

That's us :) You got to love that car. It depends on your budget and what you use the car for. If you need a dependable car for getting to work, then you are in the market for another car. As to the Honda, you could keep it and rebuild it as you have money for it or scrap it out for parts or see how much a local salvage yard would give you for it. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My hands are shaking [ 3 Answers ]

I never could make me fingers stay still for some reason. It's always shaking at the tip of my fingers, sometimes even my hand are shaking. I don't notice me being nervous or anything. It just happens at random times, like it happens when I watch TV or any other times. I just think something's is...

My dog wakes up shaking. [ 1 Answers ]

When my golden retriever is startled awake he has just begun having a strange reaction. At first he will come running and will even bark sometimes. But then he will suddenly start to shiver, have trouble standing, his tail will tuck under and he has trouble holding his head up. This lasts for about...

Car is Shaking/Hesitating. Possible bad gas? [ 1 Answers ]

I filled my car up at a wal-mart gas station yesterday and they were selling SUPER unleaded at regular price because they were out of regular. So I filled my car up with that. It drove home fine, and then I drove town for about 15 minutes with no problem. And then all day today I would get a lot...

Dog shaking head [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is constantly shaking her head and flopping her ears from side to side. There is no visible infection in them or anything else that I can see. What could it be?

View more questions Search