Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 08:55 AM
    Don't know what to train in
    Hey people I have been thinking about taking martial arts or some kind of training of some sort. I am not sure if its martial arts I want or joining the army or something.

Basically what I'm interested in is I want to use weapons that takes a lot of skills and very hard to train in and will drain everything out of me. Something that will make me feel that whatever I put in is not enough but yet still achievable. As much as a mental battle than a physical. Like something that preparing me for battle against the toughest enemies. Something that may or maynot involve teamwork.

Maybe I'm in the wrong forum, please feel free to move this if this is the wrong forum.

But any ideas?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Hello none:

Martial arts training today is geared towards competition in the octagon. Military training is geared towards KILLING. You ain't going to find ANY private martial arts school that'll teach you KILLING.

If you're PREPARING to go into the military, and you want a foundation, ANY form of martial art can do that, although Brazilian Jui Jitsu trains real bad guys... The INSTRUCTOR would be the way I would judge one of these disciplines - rather than the discipline itself.

excon
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello none:

Martial arts training today is geared towards competition in the octagon. Military training is geared towards KILLING. You ain't gonna find ANY private martial arts school that'll teach you KILLING.

If you're PREPARING to go into the military, and you want a foundation, ANY form of martial art can do that, although Brazilian Jui Jitsu trains real bad guys... The INSTRUCTOR would be the way I would judge one of these disciplines - rather than the discipline itself.

excon
    I don't want to kill humans, so animal hunting maybe.

But regardless I was thinking of taking up a martial art but I'm not sure which one I should take.
    jajangmyun895 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2010, 06:04 AM
    I currently do Tae Kwon Do. It is fun and is really quite a workout. We do weapons in blackbelt club and Tae Kwon Do is the only martial arts to be in the Olympics :) BUT!! If you don't have the correct instructor, then it is physically incapable to be drained of everything. I have been doing Tae Kwon Do for almost 6 years now and I STILL get tired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to train a dog? [ 10 Answers ]

My fiancé has a black lab and a pitbull, both rescued. I use to think that the pitbull didn't like me any longer due to my pregnancy but after giving her extra attention she came around. The pitbull is well trained and she is very lovable. The new problem I have is with the black lab. We are...

How do I train a 2 yr old [ 3 Answers ]

I need help with my two 1/2 year old boy. He's a tease and likes to get into everything imaginable. What do I do? I tell him no and he keeps going, he looks at you knowing he shouldn't do it and laughs and does it anyway. He teases me so I tell him no again and again. I've tried spanking, yelling,...

I got hit by a train [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys I really need to find out anything about this song and all I know is a few lines which are: ' I got hit by a train but falling in love is not quite the same but some guy at sea crashed my car in a lake and it felt so good I want to do it again'. Please help! It's my fav song eva. ....

View more questions Search