Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bct123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Running toilets
    I have three bathrooms and whenever you flush the toilet in one bathroom the tolet in the other bathroom runs. It also does it when you turn the water on in the bathroom sink. It only does it with the downstairs bathrooms. What is going on?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 24, 2009, 10:03 AM
    whenever you flush the toilet in one bathroom the tolet in the other bathroom runs. It also does it when you turn the water on in the bathroom sink.
    Which tells me the level in the tank of the toilet that runs is way too high. And if that toilet's that mich out of adjustment then your other toilets have been neglected also. Let's do this right and check them all.
    Check the tank water level, it should be at the mark in the tank or 3/8 to 1/2" below the top of the over flow tube. Now look at the flapper, If it has wavy edges on the flat surface, replace it. The linkage between the flapper and the flush lever should have 1/4" play when the tank is filled. Also, check the small tube coming out of the top of the ballcock and make sure it's connect to and draining into the white overflow tube. More questions? I'm as close as a click. TOM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On Toilets [ 2 Answers ]

We have two toilets. When one is flushed the other loses water in the bowl. So what is going on here?;):confused:

My Compaq Presario 160GB hd running XP is running very slow [ 8 Answers ]

computer is running very slowly in everything, except the internet.anti virus programs and a few anti-spyware programs. Stinger, windows defender, AVG Free, Ad-Aware and spyware Doctor.the computer even restarts randomly by itself! Says Windows has recovered from a serious error. I do not know the...

Running Toilets [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I have two running toilets in my home. They both started running within days of each other. The problem is the float assembly. I keep adjusting the float and the water stops, but the next time it is flushed it will run until I again adjust the float. Could the toilet tabs I use be the cause?...

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

Toilets [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what happens if you flush a sock down the toilet

View more questions Search