Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garyirish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 09:37 PM
    Refusal to take psych eval
    In April of this year my ex and I were both court ordered to take a psych eval. I called and set mine up. My ex did not. In August of this year she filed a motion to be exempt. The judge denied her motion and ordered her to immidiatly call and set hers up. I have finished and passed mine. My attorney filed a motion to find her in contempt for failing to schedule hers. She then filed another motion to be exempt. What if anything can I do to get my child away from her.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 09:40 PM

Do you have a lawyer? Talk to him or her about this.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2009, 09:41 PM

IF she keeps refusing the Judge will say she is not in compliance and then he can restrict or terminate her rights. She is doing herself in... you might only have to sit back and watch. There is no such thing as getting an exemption from a psych eval. You either comply or you don't and then have to live with the consequences.
    garyirish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 10:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    IF she keeps refusing the Judge will say she is not in compliance and then he can restrict or terminate her rights. She is doing herself in....you might only have to sit back and watch. There is no such thing as getting an exemption from a psych eval. You either comply or you don't and then have to live with the consequences.
    Ty for the response. I feel the same way. Her refusal to comply has delayed this case.a court order is just that. She claims to not be able to afford it, neither could I but the court ordered it and I complied. She is putting a price on custody, and no matter the cost I am doing all the court asks me to do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clinical Psych.: Disorder or not. [ 1 Answers ]

I just recently saw a counselor for many sessions of insight-oriented/analytic therapy and then decided to have a psych eval, so the results were in the report as following: Averages for all other measures, including iq (90 - 110). Low-average: - perceptual abilities - visual consepts &...

How can I get a court order psych evaluation for my ex husband [ 2 Answers ]

He is very unstable and mostly likely using and selling drugs. He leaves our children with family on his custody days. He sends harassing phone calls and harassing emails.

Guys think I'm pretty and charming,but they don't know I'm a virgin. (PSYCH TRAUMA?) [ 10 Answers ]

Here I go... I just turned 23 years in October and I'm still a virgin. I'm afraid of intimacy and I hate it because it has kept me from being with men and I'm not just talking about sex. I've had plenty of opportunities to lose my virginity with various guys I Really liked,-but I could never...

Neuro psych eval [ 1 Answers ]

What does a Neuro Psychological evaluation involve?:rolleyes:

View more questions Search