Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indian2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 09:05 PM
    Remote not working properly
    In my remote for ceiling fan with the light fixtures only the delay off works for the lights. I do not know what brand it is as there is no markings. The light button does not work. I can on the lights with delay off and then it goes off shortly. How do I keep lights on. Is there any universal remote I can buy to make it work.

Thanks
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 04:33 PM

Unless you can find the name for the manufacurer and get the type remote the ceiling/light fixture calls for, the only suggestion for now that I have is check by turning on a light switch that you have on the wall and then turning on the ceiling fan/light. If you have more than one light switch on the wall, try each one until the light comes on. This is a manual option that most have. Good luck
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2009, 04:37 PM

Yes, there are universal remotes for sale - same as TVs.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 09:11 PM

The fan has the remote, and the remote does not have a brand anywhere on it?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Samsung remote control not working properly [ 4 Answers ]

My fairly new Samsung TV has a problem with the remote. The TV will only react to the signal sent from the remote if the remote is pointed at a VERY small area on the TV. i.e. the lower right corner of the screen. Is there a fix for this?

Hunter fan w/ light & reversing switch on remote, remote not working properly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Hunter fan with light and remote control, with reversible switch on the remote. RC was working fine until recently, and now, the fan will not turn off with it. I do not have a wall switch. The light works fine with RC, and the reversing also works, so does the fan speed. So, what...

How do you know if your CD burner is working properly? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently installed Roxio 10 and was burning CDRs fine until recently, when some of the burned CDRs were coming out with "bumps" or scratching sounds, other times an error message came up telling me that the burn could not be completed and to try another disc, and other times the disc stayed stuck...

Fan and compressor not working properly. [ 1 Answers ]

I just had my unit gased up. I'v got an upstairs fan with an outside compressor. When I turn the heat on the fan will start running. The compressor will kick on for about 3 seconds, then the compressor will shut off. Then when I turn the airconditioner on the compressor will steady run but the...

Central AC not working properly [ 5 Answers ]

My central ac works for a 1 or 2 hours then fan on the exterior unit stops turning (motor still running) and shortly after hot air comes out of the vents. I will then shut it off, by turning off the thermostat for about 2 hours and it will work again for about 1 to 2 hours. Unfortunately for me,...

View more questions Search