Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaalenator Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Hi, I too have just had my braces removed and have the same problem. What makes it worse is I can't even bite down fully because my front bottom teeth touch the top front teeth right behind. I have also noticed that my bite is crooked. My back "molars" I think they're called, don't meet at all. Well my left side molars meet but my right side molars don't - top teeth are more overlapping. All teeth are fine, it's just the front top 4 teeth that flare out, making it look like I've got buck teeth. I've done a lot of research and I'm thinking of going to another ortho for a second opinion. I told the assistant of my ortho after I got my braces off but all he said was "that's the way it's meant to look" and smiled with his teeth trying to show what he meant. But he doesn't get what I mean with the whole "flaring out" thing. But now since I've got the perfect explanation instead of just saying "sticking out" I could use the term "flaring out" so he gets what I mean. @WingYi, have you had any updates on your case?
    babyliztattoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2012, 10:16 PM
    I had the same problem so don't feel bad.
    I had them on for 4 and a half years, got them off for two years wasn't happy with the way they stuck out. So my orthodontist put them back on one more time to see if she could fix them. I had to wear head gear at night for 1 year and a half. They looked way better but not the way I want them. Next week I get them officially off. The orthodontist said there's nothing else they can do. To keep moving the teeth can damage the roots.
    I think your teeth look fine compared to mine. If you feel you want the orthodontist to correct them call them and tell them what you don't like. They will work with you to come up with a correction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My teeth after braces [ 12 Answers ]

Hi guys, I got my braces off about 5 months ago. I've been wearing my retainer as instructed and everything is going well. The only problem is, after my braces were removed (after about 3.5 years) I've noticed that my teeth have become REALLY sensitive. What can I do to help this or alleviate...

Braces Retainer. Wire behind teeth or clear plastic? [ 1 Answers ]

I got my braces taken off today from the top and bottom teeth. I have to go back in a weeks time to get a clear plastic retainer on both bottom and top teeth as prescribe from my dentist. My friend told me that it is better to ask the dentist to put a thin wire behind my four main teeth which...

Teeth Braces AND Laser Facial Hair Removal? [ 1 Answers ]

I've teeth braces on and about to do laser facial hair removal.. is it safe? I fear that the laser beams may harm my teeth roots cause of the metal I'm wearing? HELP Please!

Bad Orthodontist, Teeth still messed up after braces! [ 23 Answers ]

I am an adult and had braces for 2 yrs and 3 months. My top teeth were straight but my bottoms were a little crooked plus I had an extra tooth on the bottom. Also I had a slight underbite. I went to 3 ortho's before I choose him. All of which told me I would have to have jaw surgery. Hes the...

View more questions Search