Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiredoftheex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Ex-Husband arrested for the 4th time.
    My ex-husband shares joint custody of our two daughter, however his belief of being a father is doing only what's court ordered. Last week he was arrested for the 4th time for violating his house arrest. A surprise search took place and alcohol was found. He lives with his mother and step father who says its her fault and she didn't lock it up quickly. My daughters who are 13 and 10 have told me although its not allowed their grandparents and his girlfriend drink around him. He is on a montoring bracelet and still goes outside in the front and the back because it doesn't catch it. He is being released back into the program tomorrow. My daughters do not want to continue visitation every other weekend, nor do they feel comfortable returning to normal visitations while he is on house arrest. MY oldest is also afraid of him and has already admitted the family puts pressure on them to tell them information.

Can I file an order to show cause and ask they are not to have visitations until his house arrest is completed and can I file for a modification in visitation? The first three arrests were for domestic violence, one involving the children. He has been on anger management classes and house arrest before and yet is on both again and cannot even follow the rules. I don't believe his actions are setting a good example.
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 01:01 PM

Your responsibility is the protection of your children. The children say the people in the house are using alcohol. I'm not a lawyer but I sure would go the court that set up the visitation and tell them what is going on and ask them how to prevent your children from being exposed to this situation. Good luck
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredoftheex View Post
    My ex-husband shares joint custody of our two daughter,

The first three arrests were for domestic violence, one involving the children. I don't believe his actions are setting a good example.
    Hello t:

I can't believe that he shares joint custody with you AFTER he's been arrested for violence against his children.. His visits should be severely restricted. At the LEAST, they should be SUPERVISED.

I don't know what the name of the document you need to file in order to see a judge in family court is, but I KNOW there's a way. If you don't have a lawyer, I'd get one. If that's not possible, the clerk of court possibly can tell you what you need to file... But, you need to do something, and you need to do it TODAY.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband used to want sex all the time. [ 2 Answers ]

I've been married almost 10 yrs. My husband wanted to have sex all the time. I really didn't have much drive. We have 5 kids. So by the end of the day I was exhausted. When I was about 6 months pregnant this last time, sex stopped. The baby is a year old now. We just had sex again 3 days...

Arrested twice for same offense once as a juvenile second time as adult [ 4 Answers ]

I was arrested for Shoplifting at wal-mart twice once as a juvenile and the second time as an adult so I was wondering if they could get my juvenile record and use anything from it in this charge or if they can arrest me for trespassing since I was banned from wal-mart but it was in two different...

Can I be arrested and jailed for not paying alimony on time? [ 2 Answers ]

I was ordered to pay my x wife alimony due on the 1st of each month. After court, she and I decided that it would be better for us both if we split the amount into 4 payments and I pay every Friday. Since that time, I have been paying her every Friday. Recently, I have been mailing her a check...

My husband was arrested for domestic violence and again for breaching the law [ 1 Answers ]

He was arrested twice but he dident do anything the first time or second.there was an off duty cop who thought he pushed me into the car but he dident he hugged me from the back and asked me to sit in the car because it was cold and I was sick.I don't want to press any charges against him and want...

Will husband just get time served or added time to probation [ 11 Answers ]

My husband's not being extradicted on probation violation. But will they add more time to his probation, or get time served or more jail time for new misdemeanor charges of canabis and pharapharnalia? So lost any info or some similar experience would be helpful thanks can't sleep until I know until...

View more questions Search