Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Sep 23, 2009, 12:02 PM
    Microsoft outlook
    I would like to know how to configure and connect the Microsoft outlook on my home computer so I can receive and send out messages. I bought the computer from someone else and it has outlook on it, but its not connected so I cannot use it yet. Can someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks!
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 04:23 PM
    For Outlook 2007, from the Tools menu in Outlook, choose Account Settings. From there, create New... account(s) for each of your mail accounts. The following basic information for each account will need to be obtained from the mail provider and entered in the account setup wizard:
    • Mail server names:
      • Incoming mail server (example: mail.yourisp.com)
      • Outgoing mail server (example: smtp.yourisp.com)
    • Mail server login information:
      • Username
      • Password

"Normal" email uses SMTP on TCP/IP port 25 for outgoing mail and POP3 on port 110 for incoming mail. The port settings may also need to be adjusted in the advanced email settings if your provider does not use the typical ports. Any firewall or security software on your machine may also need to be configured to allow these ports.

If you get stuck on a specific entry while working through the account setup wizard or have another Outlook version, holler back here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using Microsoft outlook behind ISA server [ 5 Answers ]

I have access to internet through ISA server. Browsing is fine but I can't check my POP mail through Microsoft outlook. What is the problem ? following error message is shown by outlook The server could not be found (Account :'Hot Pop', POP3 Server: 'pop.hotpop.com', error number: 0x800ccc0d)

Microsoft outlook [ 4 Answers ]

I been trying to download Microsoft outlook to my computer and it won't download and I have windows vista

Microsoft outlook [ 7 Answers ]

When I launch my Microsoft outlook it changes the screen resolution, how do I fix it?

Microsoft Outlook [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible in the sharred calendars to only view the month with Monday through Friday?

Microsoft outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

I keep getting a pop up that says file sku012.cab could not be found. I cand find my instalation disk.

View more questions Search