Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lamondray Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Blower keep blowing on furnace
    Hi,before I ask my question I want to make sure someone is here. Since the last entry that is see is back in jaunary.

Thanks
    Bonnie
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 08:00 AM
    What there are entrys every day.
    lamondray Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Hi, thanks for answering, a lot of these type sites have been abandoned and I wanted to make sure it was still functional.
    Any way,me question is this.

Last winter/spring my blower stopped blowing,but the furnace still fire up. I can see the flames. But no blowing at vents. Anyway since the weather is changing I had some one look at it. When he left the furnace was heating and blowing warming up and everything. However, when I cut the heat back off ,the blower just keeps blowing and blowing. What I think that he did was pushed the blower button, I guess that's what you call it and assumed he fixed the problem.( jack leg) even I know about that button! But that don't fix the problem. What I want to do is push that button back off and start over. I tried to tell him that is might be a loose "coil", which happened before. And someone charged me an arm and leg just to tighten or reconnect and everything was fine for years.
    Can you tell me where this button might be and where to look for "loose coil". Also if it is the "coil"again, is it something I can do or buy a new part to prevent happening again or be able to tell somebody what to look for. My furance is old, can't afford new one. Also if I have to get a professional, I would like to let them know that I know a little something so that they won't try and shuff me around. What do you think problem is?

Thanks
    Bonnie
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 12:03 PM
    Well Bonnie I am just about as confused as you are. I am listing a few pixtures that have a push or turn button and you see if you can locate it on your furnace.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my furnace blows out cold air when it should be blowing out hot air? [ 7 Answers ]

Why does my furnace blows out cold air, when it should be blowing hot air?

Furnace won't stop blowing [ 6 Answers ]

I have a york diamond 90 gas furnace. When it is done heating it goes into the cool off mode it will not stop blowing cool air. Even when the furnace is off it stays running. Pulled off panel so the safety switch will shut it off as soon as I put door on it starts blowing again cool air. All the...

Why is my furnace not blowing heat when in auto? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I turned on my heat this year and worked great. For the last couple days I haven't heard the heat kick in. I hit the reset switch and it kicked on and then went off, haven't heard it again. I turned the heat on fan. The fan kicks on right away but seams to be blowing out cold air not warm....

Bryant furnace blowing cold air and pilot won't lite [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I purchased a Bryant gas furnace about 10 yrs ago. When I woke up this morning it was blowing cold air. My brother went down and looked at it and there was a red "led" light flashing on/off when he tried to get it to start back up. It was liting but now it isn't. Please help! :confused:

Furnace blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a older home with a older furnace. I started it up this fall and the blower continues to run after the house has warmed and the themostat has turned off. The blower runs and runs, blowing cool air. To stop it I have to turn off the main switch to the furnace. What do you think the...

View more questions Search