Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 02:54 AM
    Inconclusive pregnancy test
    Hello All, how are you?

My husband and I are trying to conceive.

Im 3 days late, with no serious period cramps yet, just mild ones. I'm hardly ever late. This morning I did a pregnancy test, and 2 lines appeared, but one with quite lighter than the other, what does this mean? Pregnant or not pregnant?

On the instructions it said when that happens to re do another test in 3 days to get a conclusive result.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 03:04 AM

My advice is to do what is says on the box..

Your hormones levels may not be high enough to register on the test.

Stress and worry can also delay your period however regular you are.

Repeat the test in a few days,using the urine first thing in the morning.

I wish you the best of luck!
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 03:10 AM
    Thanks

I don't seem to be stressed or worried, have no reason to be.

I will take another test in 3 days, but you think the possibility is that I am pregnant because there were 2 lines, no matter if 1 was lighter?
    What else can cause 2 lines?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 03:17 AM

In the past for ME, two lines even if one was faint meant I was pregnant..

I cannot tell you if you are pregnant or not,although I do see your excitement of having those two lines.

You have had unprotected sex,your period is late,you have two faint lines on a test,the odds are in your favour,however it can take some couples up a year to conceive.
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 03:20 AM
    I am excited yes, but I don't want to get over excited, just in case :)

We have been trying for 3 months now, and I'm 30 yrs old.. so id be over the moon if it happened now :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 03:21 AM
    Only 1 line was faint, the other wasn't, the one which was faintish was the one on d side confirming I'm pregnant
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 04:26 AM
    I remembered I took the pill for 10 days only at the end of June, stopped it as it turned crazy, that shouldn't effect the result I had?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

Positive home test,inconclusive docs test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, can anyone tell me if this has happened to them, I've already had a miscarriage and a stillbirth so I'm very worried, I done a home pregnancy test and it came back posative, 2 days later I handed a sample of urine into the docs, theyphoned me to say I would need to hand in another in 7...

Inconclusive pregnancy test [ 14 Answers ]

Hello All, how are you? My husband and I are trying to conceive. Im 3 days late, with no serious period cramps yet, just mild ones. I'm hardly ever late. This morning I did a pregnancy test, and 2 lines appeared, but one with quite lighter than the other, what does this mean? Pregnant or not...

Well. Could an inconclusive pregnancy result mean positive? [ 13 Answers ]

I had an inconclusive result along with 3 negatives. No period for 2 months my belly has been getting bigger and my boobs so what do u think?

View more questions Search