Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 12:13 AM
    Inconclusive pregnancy test
    Hello All, how are you?

My husband and I are trying to conceive.

Im 3 days late, with no serious period cramps yet, just mild ones. I'm hardly ever late. This morning I did a pregnancy test, and 2 lines appeared, but one with quite lighter than the other, what does this mean? Pregnant or not pregnant?

On the instructions it said when that happens to re do another test in 3 days to get a conclusive result.

Thank you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 09:24 AM

Krs why don't you eliminate the home pregnancy tests which are sometimes inconclusive and have a proper one done by your doctor ? That way you can be certain beyond a doubt.

Tick
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 09:52 AM
    Now I'm confused though, when we say inconclusive, how should it appear on HPT?

As I got 2 lines, and the positive line was faint, is that inconclusive?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs View Post
    Now im confused though, when we say inconclusive, how should it appear on HPT?

As i got 2 lines, and the positive line was faint, is that inconclusive?
    Yes, of course, that would be inconclusive. Would you not assume that as well ? What can be more confusing then 2 lines, positive faint, and the negative there as well :confused:

Tick
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 12:16 AM
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 12:17 AM
    Yes I would but I don't like assuming things, id rather be sure.

The test said 1 line means NOT pregnant
    2 lines means PREGNANT..
    But I got 2 lines and 1 line was faint.. will have to re take test tomorrow morning.
    BUt when I went to pharmacy yesterday and explained the pharmasist said it's a high chance I am pregnant but at very early stage that's why the positve line came out faint.

Im 4 days late now.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 12:25 AM

I heard that it is "impossible" to get a positive, 2 lines with your particular test if not pregnant. Hope that's true!
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 12:29 AM
    How and why impossible?

The instructions said 1 line NEGATIVE - 2 lines POSITIVE
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 12:59 AM

The first line, which by itself means "not pregnant" also tests to see if the test was done right. You got that line, so you did it right.

To get the second line there must be a hormone present, the hormone which means a baby is growing.

For the second line to have shown up, the hormone would have to be there. A non-pregnant woman can't cause that line. That is what makes it impossible. But, anything is possible. A blood test by your doctor is considered the most reliable.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 01:04 AM
    Yes I am retakin another test tomorrow morning and after that go for a blood test

Thanks
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 02:17 AM

Congrats!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie View Post
    I heard that it is "impossible" to get a positive, 2 lines with your particular test if not pregnant. Hope that's true!
    Nope, not impossible. There are certain conditions that can cause a false positive.
    KARIEMELIA Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Sep 24, 2009, 10:34 AM

When I took a pregnant test, it showed two lines... one was dark and the other was very faint. According to the doctor, it meant I was very early and the HCG levels were just starting to show up! I am 8 weeks along and I took the test less than a month ago and the doctors are still saying I am pregnant! So, congrats, I would say you are pregnant!
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 11:59 PM
    Exciting times
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Sep 28, 2009, 06:45 AM

With all my kids the line was light so let us know and congrats

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

Positive home test,inconclusive docs test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, can anyone tell me if this has happened to them, I've already had a miscarriage and a stillbirth so I'm very worried, I done a home pregnancy test and it came back posative, 2 days later I handed a sample of urine into the docs, theyphoned me to say I would need to hand in another in 7...

Well. Could an inconclusive pregnancy result mean positive? [ 13 Answers ]

I had an inconclusive result along with 3 negatives. No period for 2 months my belly has been getting bigger and my boobs so what do u think?

View more questions Search