Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DisabledinMD Posts: 68, Reputation: 0

Sep 22, 2009, 12:28 PM
    Affirmative Defenses under the FDCPA
    I was really stuck on what Affirmative Defenses I should use in response to a summons, as I couldn't really understand how they applied, or if the various templates for them were even a good idea. Searching for posts on the subject yielded a post by mr. yet that concurred with the defenses being used by one of the posters. But it didn't really answer my real question as to whether these were valid, or a waste of court time. I came upon this PDF on my web search, and decided to post the link here for anyone needing guidance on the subject. It will be immensely helpful as to forming your own list, or validating a template list. Save and store in your documents folder. I hope it provides as helpful to someone else who understands legalese as little or less than I do. I ended up doing a lot of editing on my template, outright deletion of some, striking out portions of others, and even adding a few.

http://www.patriotmoney.com/debt/Und...ding_FDCPA.pdf
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 22, 2009, 02:24 PM

This appears to be a good reference so I've made this thread a Sticky Note to benefit others.
    debtprophet Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Apr 21, 2011, 12:19 AM
    The resource is truly good and may prove to be helpful for everyone. I've saved it for future references. I wasn't aware of certain facts, I was only aware that I need to be at the court once I'm being served.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fdcpa abuse [ 17 Answers ]

Out of the blue a collection agency contacted my ex sister in law saying I was being investigated for fraud. I call the number back and it is to do with an old checking account closed 3 years ago. The bank apparently sold my personal info to this collection agency who is now contacting and...

California's New Caucasian Minority and Affirmative Action [ 5 Answers ]

How do I handle affirmation action in HR, hiring, promotions and employment with California's new minority (Caucasians) now that Mexicans are the majority? My english speaking, caucasian employees are saying they feel discriminated against.

Defenses against a suit by collection agency [ 1 Answers ]

I need to reply/answer a summons I received from a collection agency. The debt is very small(less then 1k) from 3 different medical providers. I believed my medical insurance at the time covered these debts, but apparently not. Because I only have <20 to respond, I need to figure out what I...

FDCPA violation [ 2 Answers ]

What recourse do I have when a creditor or collector has violated the Fair Debt Collection Protection Act? In one case, they did not stop calling after a cease and desist letter. In another, they failed to serve me papers about a garnishment (is that FDCPA?).

View more questions Search