Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vks64 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Unable to browse the site with add-ons enabled
    I am having a broadband internet connection and I regularly visit the National stock exchange of India website and view the intra day charts and other stock charts provided in the site. Recently the browser suddenly collapsed and stopped opening the site and showed the information as below:

"We were unable to return you to nse-india.com.

Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem.
    What you can do:
    Go to your home page

Try to return to nse-india.com".

I was surprised and shocked at the loss of internet connectivity for this particular site.

Later accidentally when I opened the internet browser without add-ons I found that the above Natiional Stock Exchange of India now opened in this window. But I could not read the charts which runs on java. Further the site now exhibits on the top of the address bar(in golden yellow colour) the following:

" Internet explorer is running with add-ons disabled. click here tomanage ,disable or remove your add-ons. x "

I opened tried to manage the add-ons and it showed that every add-on as enabled and I could not do anything over it.

I do not know what to do to with managing the add-ons OR enable the internet browser
    (IE8) open the above site together with the facility to view the charts which were running on java.

Please note that I tried to open the above site with mozilla fire fox browser also where too the same thing happened and the nse site could not be opened at all. Here I don't know how to open the browser without add-ons. Hence no further progress in this browser as I did with IE8.

I believe some of the add-ons were disturbing the opening of the nse of india website. But I am helpless. I could not proceed further. I also enclose herewith the list of add ons available in my computer for your kind reference

Please help
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: zip Toolbars and Extensions.zip (6.7 KB, 243 views)
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 07:38 AM

Hi,
    Read this a day ago, but did not have a chance to use my most "archaic" test machine - Win98SE(custom) with every plug-in to highest viable version (that means .Net2.0, DirectX9.0, Flash7, Adobe Reader6, Java2re1.4.2, etc.
    I do not allow any third party toolbars, and advise against them. I have had to clean things up when unruly programs try to install the Ask... or Yahoo, or other toolbars against or in spite of my wishes (you have to clean the Registry, also) and it does not happen on my Linux machines.
    First I would ask; what changed - add or update a program? The site came up on machines with three variations of two OSs each! One Linux machine with few plug-ins had a bit of rendering troubles.
    Something had to change, and I would think it is in those toolbars (automatic update set to "true")?
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difficult to browse [ 7 Answers ]

I do have problem with my computer.. Pentium 4, 1.6Ghz, 1.59Ghz, 512 mb RAM XP pro service pack 2. While I'm in the internet connection, Difficult to browse using FF and IE.. What is the actual reason? Any recommendation on upgrading?

I am not able to browse /workstation/ [ 4 Answers ]

I am not able to browse work a work stations while at the same time remaining workgroups are being browse easly the error showing \\workgroup is not accessible; you might not have permission to access network resources. Netlogon failure; But when I am try to start netlogon services it is not...

Are all JAVA-enabled cell phones GPRS-enabled too? [ 1 Answers ]

Are all JAVA-enabled cell phones GPRS-enabled too? Any instances when they are not?

Web enabled [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir, I want to check for whether an user has logged in or not. Of course that is over. What I actually want is once if the user had logged out when the user clicks on the browser 'Back' button the previous page shoulld not be shown as u have in Yahoo mail or in some secured sites. How should...

View more questions Search