Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    willett Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 08:14 AM
    Texting,phoning
    How long after having a girl over should you make contct with them without them thinking your not interested or tooo needy, being needy has bin my prob before.
    I just want a few comments so I can get a rough idea because everyone says different.
    Thanks 4 reading
    willett.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2006, 08:27 AM
    The best policy (to me) when it comes to text msging is for it to be the same level, meaning, either party messages not only 1 constantly.

If u like her, don't wait too long.

Oct 30, 2006, 08:32 AM
    Some people say to fone her after a week,someone said fone her Thursday, my mates say text her tonight. Don't text just foen because txting is weak.
    So I'm still stuck with what to do!
    What you reckon dude?
    Cheers
    willett
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2006, 08:39 AM
    Firstly I'm a dudette ;)

Secondly, how would you feel more comfortable phoning or texting?
    Althou texting is easier, I think I phone call is easier to work out is she is intersted or not from her reaction to your call.

So... When did you last meet her?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 30, 2006, 08:41 AM
    The rules have certainly changed. Having a girl "over" is something we didn't do until after a few dates. (Date is defined as asking a girl to go out with you to a movie, dinner, bowling etc.) So by that point, you had a pretty good idea that the relationship may be going somewhere.

If we assume this having a girl over business is to be considered a date, then a follow-up text message the next day of something like:

Great tme lst night hope cn do agn soon.

Then you can call in about a week to arrange another date(?) or whatever.

Oct 30, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    Firstly im a dudette ;)

Secondly, how would u feel more comfortable phoning or texting?
    Althou texting is easier, i think i phone call is easier to work out is she is intersted or not from her reaction to ur call.

So.... When did u last meet her?
    Oooow, soz dudett!
    I last met her on Saturday which was 2days ago, she text me Saturday night after she went home saying she had fun and that I have to invite her over again to another little shindig.
    I text bak then she did then I did and dats the last we have spoke.
    N now everyone is telling me different on what to do and I really don't want to cock this one up.
    But now I know your a girl I will listen to you a lot more lol.
    Did you see this message I posted earlier?
    "I met a girl at my mates party and i got her number so i invited her over the following saturday to play poker with me and my mates at mine, i ask her over on sat an hour befor everyone was n she left all her mates to over to mine.
    when ever we spoker our faces were always about 3inches from each other with constant eye contact and we were sitting shoulder to shoulder, but her legs were pointed away from me which ive herd is bad.
    We got on really well n when she left she kissed me on the cheek n gently stoke my face as she went out the door then look bak about 30secs later n smiled.
    She txted me later that night saying it was fun n that she wanted to again, we sent a couple of txts then she stop and that was the last thing either of us said(that was sat, it is now monday).
    Does she like me or just playing?
    when shall i txt her again if she doesnt txt me and what should i say?"
    So what you reackon I should do?
    Thank You for helping KRS and scott gem.
    Willett x

Oct 30, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Call her and invite her out. She may have just stopped texting because she ran out of things to say or because she was waiting for you to get specific by proposing when and where you will do it again.

P.S. using textspeak is fine for texting and IMing, but not for forum posts. Please type normally so the old fogeys among us can understand what you are saying. :D
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Pick up the phone. Quit the text. Be a real person.

Wait a couple days - call.

Women will get anoid with text.

Oct 30, 2006, 12:17 PM
    P.S. using textspeak is fine for texting and IMing, but not for forum posts. Please type normally so the old fogeys among us can understand what you are saying. :D[/QUOTE]

Haha OK mate, sorry!

Well its been two days so you reackon I should phone her tonight and invite her round sat?
    If so what shall I do then? Not speak to her till sat or..
    Cherrs
    willett
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2006, 12:19 PM
    Do it Wednesday - for some weird reason women respond more in the middle of the week.
    Gangster1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Oct 30, 2006, 01:51 PM
    Text her becuasue its better and if you call and doenst return your call she is not interested anymore!

Oct 30, 2006, 01:54 PM
    Texting, in my opinion is NOT better. Texting is more impersonal. Also, its been proven that written speech only conveys about 30% of our meaning in conversation. The other 70% is composed of facial expressions, body language and tone of voice. If you want to get a better sense of how a person feels, talk to them on the phone. If you want an even better read, talk to them in person.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2006, 02:39 PM
    In person always. No more text.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2006, 04:11 PM
    Call her on Wednesday or Thursday. No massive rush. She isn't going anywhere is she?

Don't stress man. Just relax and be the fun guy.

If you smile and be fun when your talking to you then she will look forward to the next time she sees you.

The same goes for dates. PLease just make them all about having fun. Laugh and make her laugh. She won't be able to wait to see you again.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2006, 01:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by willett
    oooow, soz dudett!
    i last met her on saturday which was 2days ago, she txt me saturday night after she went home saying she had fun n that i have to invite her over again to another lil shindig.
    i txt bak then she did then i did n dats the last we have spoke.
    n now everyone is telling me different on wot to do n i really dnt wanna cock this one up.
    But now i know ur a girl i will listen to u alot more lol.
    did u see this msg i posted earlier?
    "I met a girl at my mates party and i got her number so i invited her over the following saturday to play poker with me and my mates at mine, i ask her over on sat an hour befor everyone was n she left all her mates to over to mine.
    when ever we spoker our faces were always about 3inches from each other with constant eye contact and we were sitting shoulder to shoulder, but her legs were pointed away from me which ive herd is bad.
    We got on really well n when she left she kissed me on the cheek n gently stoke my face as she went out the door then look bak about 30secs later n smiled.
    She txted me later that night saying it was fun n that she wanted to again, we sent a couple of txts then she stop and that was the last thing either of us said(that was sat, it is now monday).
    Does she like me or just playing?
    when shall i txt her again if she doesnt txt me and what should i say?"
    So wot u reackon i should do?
    Thank You for helping KRS and scott gem.
    Willett x
    You're welcome :)

Right, I would call her today or tomorrow.
    Be yourself, say again that you really enjoyed her company and would like to have another night like it in her company.

Ask her if she would like to go out, and if she says yes (which I'm sure she will), plan together when and where ;)

Good Luck
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2006, 07:14 PM
    I'd give it 2 weeks. When you do contact her, act a little hurried and keep the conversation brief. Ask her for a date for the following weekend. If she refuses or gives you the runaround, then inform her that "you'll have to call her later" and hang up. Then wait at least another 2 weeks before calling again. If she accepts, set a definite time to pick her up the end the conversation.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2006, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Do it Wednesday - for some weird reason women respond more in the middle of the week.
    Had to spread it but this actually makes good sense. Having to ask for a date in the middle of the week goes along with the idea of having a life, being busy, etc.
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2006, 01:02 AM
    I wouldn't wait so long to call her! If you like her call, its no big deal! You her, its only fair enough.
    If you wait long enough to call her, she may think you not interested..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Unlimited texting [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know of a cheap cell phone plan that lets you have unlimited text messaging @ a cheap monthly rate? Preferably pre-paid...

My ex is texting me again... What does it mean? [ 7 Answers ]

I posted this one up about 2 weeks back https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=23777 Now after how it was left off on Friday her saying it will only complicate things more if we see each other as friends and for me to take care I get a text from her yesterday (4 days after I said that)....

View more questions Search