Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uh-lee-uh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 01:07 PM
    How do I get my parents to support my idea of moving away for college
    Well this topic sort of goes both for school & getting my parents to be proud of me & support me on moving away so I can go to college.

I'm not really worried about what my father has to say in this but I am concerned about my mothers reaction. I have tried plenty of times to get my mom to support me mentally about moving to another city. We live in southern Florida & I would like to move back to central Florida. . where pretty much I'm use to being. I try to convince her that I will be all right & that this is the best for me. When it comes down to speaking with her about this topic I begin to lose my track of thought & I don't know what else to say to her so I just put it off. My mother is the only person that has that ability to make me forget what to say. . I think because I don't want to hurt her also I get very frustrated & we begin to argue. I kind of want a way to change her mind of all this.

I pretty much told her that I will try to find a job now, save up enough money, move, look for an apartment or efficiency that I can afford, move in together with my best friend of 8 years & start life the best way I can. My problem is now that I can't seem to find a job & get hired. I've been to so many places & applied but no one calls back. Every time I think about it I begin to lose hope for my dreams. I can't say I haven't tried because I have. . very hard. I guess I need to try even harder but I feel like time is running out for me somehow. .

I feel that I am in a crossroad with no end on either road. I'm still young but I am in age of moving out. I have no job. I have no car & I'm not currently going to college either. I have applied for financial aid all that is left is registering in a college. I don't want to live where I am now because I don't know anyone & I don't go anywhere I have only lived in south Florida for about 3 years & I lived in central Florida for 6. I can't complain much because that doesn't mean that it's the end of the world but like I said I'm still young & I feel like I need to be where I really want.

I'm just trying my best at this & I feel like no one is supporting me. I need advice on what to do. I don't nobody to feel bad for me or anything just at least help me with some wise advice. Thank you :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 02:13 PM

I assume you are of legal age.

Unless/until you can afford to support yourself and live independently I think you have to listen to your mother.

Only you know if you are in a position to move and make it on your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possibly moving out and taking it slower.bad idea? What to do? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all: I just need a little insight and advice. I'm 20, my boyfriend is 24. I moved in with my boyfriend 5 months ago, before which we dated face to face for 5 months, before which we talked on the phone for 3 months after meeting online. *sorry for the backwards explanation hehe* I am...

Free college for everyone. Bad idea? [ 179 Answers ]

I heard Obama say that he wants to provide free college to every American. I think it's a terrible idea. He would spend gadzillions of our money, and when everyone has a college degree, those grads will be flippin burgers and hanging onto garbage trucks. We will have come full circle and wasted who...

Moving Into College [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, My name is Matt. I don't feel that my situation is unique to myself among my peers, but it is an emotionally delicate one. I am 20 years old, and in my 3rd year of college which is out of state from my home- about 4 hours away. Every time that I've moved in/out of the college...

I have no idea what monetary gift is norm for me to give to my niece for college grad [ 2 Answers ]

I am close to my niece, and I have no idea what is considered"average" for a college graduation monetary gift

Moving to Canada from California, Good Idea? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for opinions from CANADIANS principally, but anyone with experience would be helpful, thank you!:D I currently live in Orange County, California, I am Mexican,:cool: and currently I work as General Manager of a hotel,:p I was brought to the US when I was under age and now I’m...

View more questions Search