Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 12:52 PM
    Hi, mwo100!

Is the pilot light burning?

Thanks!
    mwo100 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 12:58 PM
    The pilot is on. The problem is I usually have to blow across the burners for them to work and once the house reaches the desired temperature, the furnace shuts down and will not come back on
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Hi again, mwo100!

When is the last time that you had your furnace inspected by a professional, please?

Thanks!

Sep 21, 2009, 02:45 PM
    This past fall for a check up before it got cold. Worked fine until February. Called them in again and could't find anything wrong.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 02:49 PM
    Do you have any issues with money and paying for someone else to look at your furnace? I do, and am getting help from the State.

I'm worried that you might be dealing with a dangerous situation here!

Thanks!

Sep 21, 2009, 03:10 PM
    I'm trying to find someone who is truly qualified and can fix this for me.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 03:17 PM
    Have you tried speaking with neighbors and other friends, associates, etc. as to who they might recommend?

Thanks!

Sep 21, 2009, 05:14 PM
    Yes - have started that process. Plan on contacting someone soon. Just thought someone had the same problem I am having. Thanks
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 09:33 PM
    I'm hopeful that someone will come along who does have the same problem with their furnace that you're having!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blower motor not working [ 1 Answers ]

My blower motor will not turn on. When the switch is on there is a buzzing sound but the motor will not turn on. I checked to see if the fan would turn freely and it does. It stopped working right after we had basically overloaded our amperage (60amp service) with A/C, dryer, and hair dryer...

Furnace not working [ 1 Answers ]

Heat and air not working on auto or manual.no breakers tripped.all breakers have been reset.still not working.

Furnace not working [ 1 Answers ]

I'd previously asked a question about the use of the "Fan" option on a heating thermostat. I explained that I don't have central air but was seeing if the fan option might aide in cooling down the warm air in the house. I basically followed the same procedure as advised but the unit still will...

The AC and the furnace are not working at all! [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my thermostat with a new one in November. The furnace worked fine all winter and when spring rolled around my husband flipped the switch on the furnace to off. Now that it's so freaking hot, candles are melting, I turned the switch to cool and the fan to auto and NOTHING. I did go...

Lennox furnace, blower not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1000sqft town home with a Lennox furnace about 18 years old. My furnace blower is not working. I currently uneployed and job seeking and would like to avoid the cost of replacing the entire furnace. What sort of cost should I expect to replace the blower?

View more questions Search