Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MZJAK515 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 09:28 AM
    Assessing late fees
    Do you have any idea if it is legal to assess late fees in the state of Michigan?
    What is the legal dollar limit someone can assess?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 10:05 AM

Late fees on what? Loans? Rent? Credit card payments? Something else? These are all covered by different Statutes and I don't know what you are asking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late Fees [ 2 Answers ]

I live in South Carolina.I ran into some financial trouble a few months ago and got behind on my regime payments. Not by a lot ,but I was behind one month for 7 months in a row.Meaning I paid but was carrying a balance owed for 7 months. I have since brought my regime dues up to dated, but I have...

Can a landlord in NH assess late fees on a late fee carried over month to month? [ 2 Answers ]

My last lease said that on the 5th day a $5.00 fee is assessed and then $2 everyday there after. After I signed my last rent increase, at the time of last renewal I never received a new full lease agreement. Supposedly the amount of late fees went up without notification or signing of notification,...

Late Fees being charged even though I'm not late [ 9 Answers ]

My landlord uses a reale estate company to manage his property. In my lease it clearly states that your rent is late if payment is made 5 days after the due date (which makes it late after the 6th of each month). Can my landlord lawfully charge me a late fee for paying on the 6th day? And, they...

Late fees [ 7 Answers ]

I live in a small town in California and recently sent in my payment for utilities (water, garbage and sewer). The bill was due on the 9th and I mailed it on the 6th. I just got a bill in the mail for $25 stating that I paid late. The total of the original bill was $65. Is it legal to charge...

View more questions Search