Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 06:53 AM

Chery--you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers for ages now. I think you will always continue to be.

I've never known a woman to give as much love as you have, and asking nothing in return.

May you find the peace you are looking for, knowing all of us here (and everywhere, I'm sure!) that love you are hoping for what's best for YOU, regardless the loss to US.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 06:54 AM
    ^^ what she said!

Thanks for the update Stringer. Glad to hear Chery is still hanging in there.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 16, 2009, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Wow, Chery! WELCOME BACK! :) :) :) :)
    Clough and Albear... I am unfortunately not back, I am failing even though I wanted to be strong... Yes I am scared, yes - I am very scared to take the passing, but I have no choice and will do so. Jan - I said I will look for who you want me to find - I promise. I am here in tears now and will stay with you all until internet time is over and my time too.

Love and bless you.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 07:35 AM

We love you too Chery :)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 07:37 AM

Hi Chery :)
    Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Oh, Chery, now I am in tears as well. Please don't cry. I am SOOO happy to see you here.

You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I love and miss you Cher.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 16, 2009, 08:04 AM
    It's amazing what people say when they are scared and angry... they take out many things on people who are just trying to help. My daughter worked her buttttt off to fix my place so that I could dye there.. unfortunately it did not work, and I in my anger took it out on her and called her names - told her where to go - and am so darned angry at myself for doing this. The nurses here say it is OK to lash out as this is a critical situation and we have the right to express - true, but not to hurt those people who are there for you, epend time for you, sacrifice so much for you.

I hope that some day my wonderful Jaime will have the time and inclination to forgive me for being the child most of the time and her having to be the adult.

The only thing we can do in a state like this is to hope that we don't go alone and that someone's arms are there to help you make your final passing.

My brother was also here and I wish he were here to hold me in his hugh arms and comfort me while I pass... but I will be satisfied just to wait at his place until Jaime pickes me up and tosses me out at Red Rock Nevada somewhere - that was where I felt the most comfortable and warm in my entire life.

Don't forget those green apple and vanilla candles... I will need them to guide me to you to be there. My friend Jo made it there first - even though she did not want to be in the hospital either. I just know that she is waiting there for me and we will have a party that you won't believe, just as we promised each other. Nicki and Larry, I hope, will be in good hands. I decided to let my neighbor have him so that he will not go through stress of being moved around too much. He does not deserve this and I will not do it to him.

As I said, I will come on here when I can - healthwise - and int time-wise - boy this new stick is slow, but it works if yous have only on browser open at a time.

No smilies here right now, so you'll have to do without my trademarks.
    Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Oh, Chery, I know it is hard for you. Jaime, I am sure, understands. Just take the time to let her know how much you really do love her.

You are a true testament to faith, my dear Chery. I think about you daily. I already have a buttload of green apple candles. My husband says that it is fall and we should be stocking up on Cinnamon, but I refuse to let him buy those as green apple actually goes with my décor. LOL Weird, I have a green apple burning next to me as we type.

Chery, you have been the rock that has kept so many people afloat... here and in life. Don't you forget that. Wait, don't rocks sink? Oh, well, I'm sure you get my analogy.

You are such a strong woman. We all have learned a lesson from you.

Wishing you peace and love... Janine
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 08:12 AM

Oh, it's okay Chery, don't blame yourself now. You were in a state of anger and weren't in total control of yourself :( What is done now is done, you can only apologize now.

I won't forget the green apple and vanilla candles :)
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Chery, you have been the rock that has kept so many people afloat...here and in life. Don't you forget that. Wait, don't rocks sink? Oh, well, I'm sure you get my analogy.
    Not all, hang on the ones called 'pumice stones' :)
    Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Not all, hang on the ones called 'pumice stones' :)
    Thanks for the reminder. ;) But aren't pumice stones abrasive? Chery is never abrasive. :D
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 08:16 AM

Well, to be frank, I didn't know that :o

In any way, Chery has her abrasive side all right, with the noodle whip! :eek:
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 08:19 AM
    Chery I have heard many wonderful things of you. I believe our paths crossed a few times ages ago. You have been in my thoughts and I only wish you peace in the end. Bless you.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 08:31 AM

Chery, I am here for you... just can't respond yet...
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Chery, I am sure that the nurses are telling Jaime not to take the outbursts personally. From the updates, it is easy to see how much you love and care about each other. It takes more than a down moment to destroy a bond as strong as the one you two share.

Try not to kick yourself for being human with human emotions. Jaime strikes me as not being one to give up very easily (Like mother-like daughter) or to allow you to even try to drive her away.

I know we haven't really met and gotten to know each other, but I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am in awe of the strength that I have read in your posts and the depth of feeling that you have engendered in others.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 10:03 AM

Don't worry, Jamie understands, I'm sure. Even a kind and generous person such as yourself may occasionally be justifiably outraged at the failings of the body. You are loved unfailingly.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 16, 2009, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Oh, Chery, I know it is hard for you. Jaime, I am sure, understands. Just take the time to let her know how much you really do love her.

You are a true testament to faith, my dear Chery. I think about you daily. I already have a buttload of green apple candles. My husband says that it is fall and we should be stocking up on Cinnamon, but I refuse to let him buy those as green apple actually goes with my decor. LOL Weird, I have a green apple burning next to me as we type.

Chery, you have been the rock that has kept so many people afloat...here and in life. Don't you forget that. Wait, don't rocks sink? Oh, well, I'm sure you get my analogy.

You are such a strong woman. We all have learned a lesson from you.

Wishing you peace and love....Janine
    Dearest Janine.. you have been there by my side all the way, my dear and I really appreciate it. Jo and I had lots of talks throughout the Treasure Island Days - wishing we could all meet somewhere and just continue.. those skeletons really say a lot to us - We come into this world in the buff and that's where we wind up. A little more with wrinkles.. juck, mine are terrible... instead of find strapping skin of newborn babes. I am not going to bother the spellcheck here as time does sometimes not allow perfection, but just to get the job done as best as one can.

I know Jaime loves me, she has been the pillar of strength for me and helped me a lot as my fibromyalgia ailed me all my life. One thing I am grateful for is that Jaime has found her true love which not all of us find, and she will be taken care of as well as Alex and any other family member addition. Parents like that are so hard to find and it makes me feel good that my bloodline continues - even if just for a generation or two- with the way this world is going, we can only hope things go well for our loved ones and go out own way. I just got another boost of morphine and am all cotton-mouth and silly, so I will quit here for now.. but you all know how I feel about you and my family and that I wish each and everyone of you the best that life can offer.

Now, I get morphine for it.. addicted! You being a nurse makes things hard on you too as you see people like me all the time. It takes strong and caring people like you to help people like me where we finally wind up. Thank you for believing in my candles - all of you... I really am serious about them.

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 16, 2009, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Chery, I am sure that the nurses are telling Jaime not to take the outbursts personally. From the updates, it is easy to see how much you love and care about each other. It takes more than a down moment to destroy a bond as strong as the one you two share.

Try not to kick yourself for being human with human emotions. Jaime strikes me as not being one to give up very easily (Like mother-like daughter) or to allow you to even try to drive her away.

I know we haven't really met and gotten to know each other, but I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am in awe of the strength that I have read in your posts and the depth of feeling that you have engendered in others.
    Thank you ever so much, cat.. I really appreciate your kind words.. they will encourage me more as the time gets nearer.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 16, 2009, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
    Don't worry, Jamie understands, I'm sure. Even a kind and generous person such as yourself may occasionally be justifiably outraged at the failings of the body. You are loved unfailingly.
    You always know the right things to say, my dear and I am grateful to have you all for the friends you are and the support you have given me all these years.

Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Oh, what a joy to see your little smilies again! The tears are dried up and my heart is warm just to see you smile. Well, maybe it's the morphine or the cotton mouth making you smile... but you are smiling nonetheless.

Jaime is very lucky to have a mother like you. You are strong and your foundation is unshakable. I can't believe it's been, what 2 years or more, since your stroke. I remember waiting here daily to hear the news "Peanut." Any news. And you recovered. I remember the personal email telling me you had cancer and that you wouldn't make it to the new year... well you did didn't you?

We go back over 3 years now... remember Kentucky? And... Maybe you are related to my husband? LOL My heart would jump for joy if indeed you were a long lost relative (since he is adopted anyway).

Well, I have 7 green apple candles burning now... a carpload in the cupboard, and bought 5 more today. When you are on your "haunts" don't forget to visit.

Until then my love... you are in my heart. Oh, sh1t, here come the tears again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For our sweet Chery [ 1181 Answers ]

For Chery aka Momma C, Starbuck8 aka Starby and I have been talking about doing this for a while, so here it goes. Chery, we hope you don't mind. As many of you may know, Chery has terminal cancer, and she’s recently taken a turn for the worse. Chery has been a member of AMHD for many...

Should I buy a Chery car? [ 4 Answers ]

We are looking at buying a new car and have trawled the showrooms lately. We saw a Chery - Chinese car which was very cheap and had all sorts of fancy gizmos: movie screens in rear seats and one at front in the middle (could be a bit dangerous? ); 2.4litre engine; sunroof; blah blah blah. ...

Chery? [ 7 Answers ]

Anyone hear from Chery?? It's been MONTHS!! Can we all try and contact and let her know were thinking about her. I know she's had some stuff going going I nher life.

Welcome Back Chery! [ 7 Answers ]

It's really nice to see you posting on here again. I hope everything went well for you, and that you will soon be your old self again! I really missed you.

View more questions Search