Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7 View Post
    Hey Sweet Chery Love,
    You are so much a part of each of us! I am praying for you and the doctors as well. I know you are Jamie and Alex's world, you sweet "OMA"! You have become part of each of our world's here and personally. You give so much of yourself. Thank you for giving your friendship to me and so many others. You are a beautiful person. I love you! Prayers are going up for you Love!
    Hey Rebbie, ~~~~ "keep your motor running....." ~~~~

Stringer
    Business Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 11:51 AM

This is an update from Jamie, Chery's daughter that I received a few minutes ago:

Hi Lloyd&Marta,

Mom made it out of surgery, the next few days are the critical part. She'll be able to stand and walk with the new hip. Excuse me but I'm very tired and I need to put Alex to bed. I'll keep sending updates until she's home and doing better."

Take care,
    Jaime&Alex
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 22, 2009, 12:02 PM
    I must admit Cheery is one hell of a fighter!!
    She just keeps on hanging in there.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 12:03 PM

Hang in there love, you are an angel!

We miss you around here!
    Business Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    I must admit Cheery is one hell of a fighter !!!
    She just keeps on hanging in there.
    Isn't she though. Wish I had all that strength and fortitude that she excels in... Go Chery !
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 12:12 PM

Much love and hope to you, Chery.

Hope you have a speedy and relatively painless recovery!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 03:01 PM
    I am sorry that I haven't had the chance to meet Chery, but I read the "For our sweet Chery" thread in Member Discussions the other day and was struck by her courageous spirit.

Chery, your in my thoughts and prayers, too.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 04:05 PM
    Hi, All!

I hope that someone with contact information for her will be willing and able to forward things on this thread to Chery!

Thanks!
    Business Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, All!

I hope that someone with contact information for her will be willing and able to forward things on this thread to Chery!

Thanks!
    HI Clough.

I have send Jamie an email asking how long Chery is expected to be in the hospital and if it will be for some time then could I get the address so we could send a card or something?

Stringer
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 10:03 PM
    LOTS OF LOVE CHERY! I am hoping you recover quickly and easily! XXOO
    http://tv.popcrunch.com/wp-content/u...vid-caruso.jpg
    I know you just love him... so here he is to cheer you up my love!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    HI Clough.

I have send Jamie an email asking how long Chery is expected to be in the hospital and if it will be for some time then could I get the address so we could send a card or something?

Stringer
    Hey, Stringer!

Putting a card together and sending it sounds like a great idea! I think that I know of a way so that anyone here can even put their real signature on it, if that's what they might want to do.

Even sending flowers or a plant would be a good gesture, too! But, I do think that it would be easier to coordinate the effort and pay for something like a card.

Thanks!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 07:19 AM
    Hey, Stringer!

Putting a card together and sending it sounds like a great idea! I think that I know of a way so that anyone here can even put their real signature on it, if that's what they might want to do.

Even sending flowers or a plant would be a good gesture, too! But, I do think that it would be easier to coordinate the effort and pay for something like a card.

Thanks!
    I am in Stringer and Clough! :D
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2009, 07:29 AM

Glad to hear that Chery is keeping strong! Go go go Chery! :)
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Sep 23, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22 View Post
    Hey, Stringer!

Thanks!

I am in Stringer and Clough!!:D

Make it four...

K
    Business Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 10:09 AM

More messages from Jamie:

"She is out of ICU and doing good. She keeps slipping in and out but that's the medication. I think by next week she should be her old self... It is so great to have friends that really care for her."

Jaime

"Mom made it out of surgery, the next few days are the critical part. She'll be able to stand and walk with the new hip. Excuse me but I'm very tired and I need to put Alex to bed. I'll keep sending updates until she's home and doing better."

Take care,
    Jaime&Alex

"She can be up to 14 days in the hospital. So, sending a card or something is better to send it to her address. I check on Larry daily and check her mail, plus I'll be their more often getting the apartment cleaned and renovated before she comes home. She is still in ICU but was able to talk a little."

Jaime & Alex

I have to leave for an appointment now, will be back later.

Stringer

Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 10:19 AM

How did I miss this thread?

Momma C, I miss you and you're in my prayers.

Speedy recovery and keep fighting.

Love you dear Chery, so very much.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2009, 11:42 AM

Thanks for the update Stringer! :)
    Business Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Thanks for the update Stringer! :)
    You are welcome Unky, I will post any emails that I receive from Chery's daughter.
    Business Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 03:24 PM

Ok see if you guys like this plan.

I have Chery's address so Marta and I will buy Chery a very nice 'Precious Moments' sculpture, something about 6" to 9: tall, something beautiful, saying 'We love you." Along with a very nice get well card and ship everything right away.

She is scheduled to be released from the hospital in about 10 to 11 days and Jamie suggested that we send it to her (Chery) home. And I know that it will take at least 6 - 8 days to arrive in Germany.

If you would like your name on the card please list your name in this thread and I will add it to the card for Chery.

Time is of the essence and this seems to make sense and is a lot easier....

Please let me know and put your name here. I would like to get it in the mail by this weekend.

I could also make some kind of arrangement/s to have flowers delivered to her home in addition to the present and card.

Stringer
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 03:30 PM

I would love to have my name on the card. Think she'll only know me as Synnen, though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For our sweet Chery [ 1181 Answers ]

For Chery aka Momma C, Starbuck8 aka Starby and I have been talking about doing this for a while, so here it goes. Chery, we hope you don't mind. As many of you may know, Chery has terminal cancer, and she’s recently taken a turn for the worse. Chery has been a member of AMHD for many...

Should I buy a Chery car? [ 4 Answers ]

We are looking at buying a new car and have trawled the showrooms lately. We saw a Chery - Chinese car which was very cheap and had all sorts of fancy gizmos: movie screens in rear seats and one at front in the middle (could be a bit dangerous? ); 2.4litre engine; sunroof; blah blah blah. ...

Chery? [ 7 Answers ]

Anyone hear from Chery?? It's been MONTHS!! Can we all try and contact and let her know were thinking about her. I know she's had some stuff going going I nher life.

Welcome Back Chery! [ 7 Answers ]

It's really nice to see you posting on here again. I hope everything went well for you, and that you will soon be your old self again! I really missed you.

View more questions Search