Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gravity Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2006, 05:03 AM
    Torn between love
    I live overseas and six months ago I met a loving guy who is great however an year ago I had met a man ( who is now a friend) back at home for whom I immediately fell for, just felt he was the one and had high hopes. However in spite of him being very very attentive when I was home and although he emails very often, he never really said anything about us... anyway being so obsessed with him, I was naturally upset when he forgot my birthday... and 3 weeks later I started dating my boyfriend now, because I didn't want to wait around for him and move on with my life... I have in so many ways, except I never seem to get him completely out of my mind and I am going home soon, and will see him again...

Even though he never directly says anything directly he is kind of sweet and romantic, emailing me so often... my current boyfriend is a sweetheart but he belongs to another world... and being with him will change my life altogether.

Please advise.
    Zipper Posts: 116, Reputation: 8

Nov 20, 2006, 05:20 PM
    By "another world" I take it you mean he is of a different ethnicity or religion? Please be VERY careful committing yourself to such a relationship. Too many cases end in disaster as your two lifes have been so very different and culture clash is inevitable.
    I wonder if his "exoticness" is what attracts you? Whereas dear, sweet Mr Reliable is too familiar to you.
    You need to think seriously about how you want to live in the next part of your life and judge dispassionately which one will respect you and look after you in the way you are used to.
    Perhaps a chat with a counsellor might help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love [ 7 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me what they defination is on love?

In love [ 2 Answers ]

I have been friends with this guy for about 1 year now and we have become really close. At the beginning of our realtaionship I was very much attracted to him, and I told him. But at the time he did not like me in that manner. After a while I was told by his best friend that he had strong feelings...

Torn over journal [ 17 Answers ]

Thanks everyone.

So torn. Can anyone relate? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having issues. My ex boyfriend / friend in a different state searched for me for 3 years and found me 3 weeks ago. We haven't seen eachother in a decade, but he felt strongly like he had to find me. At first I didn't know what to think because I have been married for four years. I feel such a...

Torn about my ex-gf [ 7 Answers ]

I broke up with my girlfriend about 5 months ago. We broke up mainly because she was starting a new school and would be very busy. We both still had feelings for each other, and there were some moments after the break up where we almost did get back together, but for some reason or another...

View more questions Search