Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2313stephen Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2009, 02:09 AM
    Illness making me depressed
    I have asthma and allergies. I have had a cough for a year and I spit up thick sticky mucus which is clear with brown specs in it. I have a problem with throat clearing, mucus in back of my throat. When I manage to clear it and spit it up it's the same clear with brown specs, really thick and sticky. My nose is constantly runny and I have horeseness.

I caught a cold 6weeks ago and I am still ill, the doctor said my chest is clear!? And prescribed me singulair. The singulair seems to help with chest tighteness and breathing but all the other symptoms are there. I really don't know what to do. Its making me feel really down. Constant colds but more so the throat clearing and horeseness I find really embarrassing. I feel I am embarrassed to talk to people because my voice sounds so bad and have already had 3 sick days this year because of illness.

Please can anyone offer some advice.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 05:04 AM

From your description the singulair ismanaging your asthma okay but not your allergies, and you should discuss this with your doctor again. An air cleaner in your home would probably give you relief. I realize you must feel uncomfortable but you must discuss this with your doctor, or if not happy with him, get a second opinion.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 06:28 AM
    What kind of doctor do you go to? A GP? An allergist? A pulmonary doctor?

The answers to these questions could help me a good deal in trying to answer your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

Cat illness [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,I want to ask aquestion about my kittten ,it's 6 month old I adopted it from the street cause it looked so hungry and ill,it was about 4 month ago,I am sorry to say that I had never taken it to the vet ,I was going to feed it until it is healthy ,but now it seems to be ill,it is not eating...

98 accord making clunking noise when making hard left turn [ 3 Answers ]

My 98 accord ia making a clunk, clunk, clunk sound when making hard left turns. It only does this with left turns a slow speed like making a u-turn. It actually seems to make the car bounce a little with each clunk. It is definitely not a clicking noise. I have just put a prelude h22 engine with...

Mental illness vs physical illness [ 6 Answers ]

I need advise on what to do about my older sister. She is 57 years old and has spent most of her adult life in and out of hospitals. Although she does have some real medical problems she constantly complains about her health. She is fairly dependent on pain medications although she denies...

View more questions Search