Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kleighann93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 04:14 PM
    How much faster?
    Two cars travel in the same direction along a straight highway, one at a constant speed of 52 mi/hr and other at 65 miles per hour.
    Assuming they start at the same point, how much sooner does the faster car arrive at destination 13 miles away. Answer in units of min.
    marzipan6 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2009, 06:09 PM
    Think about this one for awhile. If you need to, draw a picture while you read the question so that you know what's going on. The faster car is obviously the one going 65 miles/hour, so find how long it takes for that one to go the distance. When you have that time, use it with the speed of the slower car to find the distance it travels in the same amount of time. You'll have a new starting point for the second car to find the time it takes to get from where the second car is at the time the first car reached the destination to where the first car ended up. Pictures really help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Which cpu is faster? [ 1 Answers ]

Which cpu is faster? Celeron or pentium?

How to get hot water faster [ 3 Answers ]

I was trying to find out what can be installed on our hot water that will enable us to get hot water faster and what is the general cost to add it? Our hot water heater is easily accessible in our garage and I thought I've heard something like a 'booster' can be added, so that we don't have to run...

What's faster? [ 6 Answers ]

What is faster? A scion tC or a honda civic hybrid? Thanks!

Which CPU is faster? [ 9 Answers ]

Pentium 4 571 (3.8GHz), 64-bit, Prescott, FSB800, L2 Cache 1MB -OR- Pentium D 950 (3.4GHz ,95w), 65nm, Presler, Dual Core, FSB800, L2 Cache 2x2MB Both are compatible with my Motherboard... I have the first one listed. I was just curious if I would gain "SPEED" if purchasing the Pentium D.

Naturally faster? [ 4 Answers ]

Why do African American dominate the sprinting distances so thoroughly. Better still, why is it wrong to acknowledge that this dominance is based on being naturally faster?

View more questions Search