Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marzipan6 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2009, 01:36 PM
    microscopy ocular lens
    Which would be a better microscope? One with a 10x ocular lens and a 40x objective lens, or one with a 20x ocular lens and a 20x objective lens. I know they have the same magnification, but would one have a better resolution?
    marzipan6 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Oct 6, 2009, 06:56 PM
    Okay, so I got my asssignment back and the answer, for anyone who is curious, is that they both have he same magnification, but the first microscope has a better resolution because it is closer to the stage at this magnification and thus has a larger angular aperture, which creates a smaller resolution, which is good. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my question.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SEM vs Optical Microscopy [ 4 Answers ]

Why does a scanning electron microscope have better depth of field than an optical microscope? Thanks Ellen

Convex Lens? [ 1 Answers ]

If one half of convex lens is covered with black paper, will it produce a full image? Please give reasons for your answer..

Contact lens [ 4 Answers ]

Hi a friend of mine wears contacts.. but he puts 2 in his eyes... because he has bad eye sight and he wants to wear color contacts but color is only available in certain prescriptions... so what he does is put the color contacts over his clear ones... he said it doesn't hurt his eyes and it feel...

Best lens [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: what is the best size lens I could use for landscapes and wildlife and what make :confused:

View more questions Search