Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Oct 29, 2006, 08:19 PM
    Transmission fluid leak

My '97 Exporer has a tranny fluid leak where the upper pipe enters the cooling radiator. Should I try to tighten it, replace the 'O' ring, or wrap the thread with teflon tape, or use a transmission stop leak substance?

It has been leaking for nine months (since I had the transfer case replaced!), but the dipstick still reads well above the 'high' mark.

Thank you in advance for helpful advice.

M:)RGANITE

:confused:

Check out some similar questions!

Fluid mechanics [ 1 Answers ]

Sir If I send you some short question in fluid mechanics could you respond to me .

Brake fluid loss [ 9 Answers ]

My 1993 Honda Civic requires topping up of the brake fluid every 3 months due to the light coming on. There are no leaks in the master cylinder and no leaks at the brake pads (I checked all 4 wheels). There is also no dripping of brake fluid in my driveway. This has been happening for 2...

Tranny problems [ 5 Answers ]

95 civic has intermitten problems. Tranny goes out after a few miles. Let it sit until it cools down able to drive again? Could it be the ecm?

Cervical fluid [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble distinguishing wet/sticky creamy, etc... I have an estimated fertile time of thurs June 9, 10, 11, with possible o on 12th. I am seeing signs of approaching o in my cervical fluid. I have been dry as the desert until today. They say you start sticky, then creamy, then wet...

92 Taurus V6 3.0 Tranny problem [ 4 Answers ]

Please Help, I have a family of 11 who relies on our Taurus. (of course, we don't all fit in at once, ha ha) Had a front right half-axle that needed replaced. I did the work and took it 1 mile to the store on a test drive. On the way back, power just left. The throtle still would rev the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.