Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citylover Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Flash drive
    I bought a flash drive to use for a project that I am working on. If I plug it in a computer at work, open the project from the flash drive, add content to my project on my computer at work and only save it to the flash drive does any of it stay on my work computer?
    Thanks
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2009, 11:14 AM

No, you would need to select "save as" to add it to your work computer.

If you just click "save" it will only save to the flash drive.

However, whatever files you open will show up in your "Recent Documents" same as web browsing history, but you will not be able to open them.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2009, 11:17 AM

When at work PC and your project is open, click on File and the click Save as..
    -Now you will given the option to save the project wherever you like on your computer

(if you just Save it, it will save where it was reading from, Your flash drive -)

When you click Save as... you can choose a new location to save it to

So, clicking just save will save the changes made to your flash drive.

Clicking Save as.. gives you the option to save your project to your hard drive
    -Now you will have 2 copies, 1 on flash drive and 1 on hard drive
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 09:44 AM

For the sake of forensics, many programs will save temporary files. They do this in case of power failure, in which case it can be partially recovered, rather than completely lost. Also you will find that a record of that programs use can be stored in the prefetch folder. And if your computer supports paging then there could be traces of the document and the program stored in remote locations on the hard drive. These are all if's and maybe's but if a forensics expert were too look at it, then they would be able to find a lot more than most people would think possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

USB Flash Drive [ 4 Answers ]

What is the largest GB that a USB Flash Drive come in?

Flash drive [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I cannot install flash drive (USB) in Windows'98, is simply cannot detect it every time I connect a flash to my PC. Can suggest how to use a flash with Windows'98? Thank you all in advance.

Flash drive won't format [ 8 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 16gb flash drive. When I got it I loaded enough videos on it to fill it up so I could transfer them. The system was windows 98 on a dell optiplex. I only used it once or twice since putting the videos on and never had a problem. A few weeks later ended up getting a virus on...

How do I unprotect a flash drive? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I unprotect (disable write protection) on a flash drive with no external write protection switch. The drive is a PNY 4GB Attaché enhanced for ReadyBoost which is what it was used for one time in Vista. I wish to format the drive or eliminate the write protection so I can use it for other...

Flash drive reading as cd [ 1 Answers ]

My buddy came over with this flash drive he found in the trash can at work. When I go to my computer it reads it as a cd not a flash drive. I get one read only file that can't be deleted, it also says I can't save anything to it because of write protection. Does anyone know a way around this?

View more questions Search