Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Oct 26, 2009, 11:11 AM

Does anyone know if this is OK to use 55+ on the face?. my own cream breaks me out like "scary face" bad.. and I normally don't even have acne... or any other suggestions? (not too expensive suggestions most appreciated)...
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Oct 26, 2009, 12:25 PM

I wouldn't use it on the face it gave me oily breeakouts!
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 26, 2009, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by preshus View Post
    Where did you get the TRILUMA? Do they sell it in the beauty supply stores?

Triluma is a prescription topical cream, but broken down it is simply 4% hQ, 0.05% tretinoin, and 0.01% fluocinolone acetonide. You can purchase the hq and tretinoin online, and no it cannot be found in any BSS
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 26, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Ugh. Today I dared to go to my first class in short sleeves. I was so paranoid that everyone could see my secret. Because I started bleaching my arms later than my face chest and neck. So my face chest and neck are very light. But my arms are still kind of dark because I haven't really been focusing on them. It'll probably take a month or two for them to catch up to my upper body. Omg. I was sooooo paranoid that everyone could see my little secret. I felt like I sprinted home from class but I still felt like I was walking. My goodness.
    I've been looking @ people at lot lately and many have arms that are a bit darker(& for guys forearms that are waaaay darker.) I guess it's from hats or only applying sunblock to the face and neck?

It seems like models(maybe it's photoshop?), actresses/celebs and socials are usually even-toned from face to arms. However with regular folks, I'm noticing a bit of everything.:p

OT: I bought some 55H+ Cristalline glycerine today.. It is sticky but I've got on an old cotton dress on that I can throw in the washer. I applied to my arms. I'll report my results if any.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 08:35 PM
    This is my 3rd day using the crystaline and it is bit sticky, mostly because of the castor oil ingredient, but it's tolerable. As long as it is able to lighten, then I wouldn't mind.
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Oct 27, 2009, 01:04 AM

Haha I couldn't stand the stickiness
    It made my skin feel really oily
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Oct 27, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Ok... 3 weeks using the cristalline now... and no lightening whatsoever on my back.:mad: I'm now trying it with cling film/saran wrap as suggested by Maharani... but I'm not expecting a miracle anytime soon... lol... :rolleyes:
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Oct 27, 2009, 04:35 PM

I have been lazy with mine
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 05:17 PM

I gave up on it. I have 2 big bottles of it in my room and bottles are still full am I going to do with it? Well my bio claire came today and it looks so different. It's a new girl on the label and the bottles are a bit smaller. Shipping was hella fast though

Oct 27, 2009, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezing View Post
    I gave up on it. I have 2 big bottles of it in my room and bottles are still full am I gonna do with it? Well my bio claire came today and it looks so different. Its a new girl on the label and the bottles are a bit smaller. Shipping was hella fast tho

Hmm... I'm curious as to if the ingredients have been tweaked hence the new labeling? The ones I saw at the local african shop were produced April of this year and expire in 2011 I believe, so I'm curious how yours is going to work this time around. Please be sure to update.
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Oct 27, 2009, 06:01 PM
    Interesting
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2009, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8stuff View Post
    Ok...3 weeks using the cristalline now...and no lightening whatsoever on my back.:mad: I'm now trying it with cling film/saran wrap as suggested by Maharani...but I'm not expecting a miracle anytime soon...lol...:rolleyes:
    For the back I'm guessing it takes much longer compared to the face since the skin is thicker there? I never tried lightening the back. Are you using an exfoliator as well for the back?

I may try and wrap up my arms with the hq when it arrives. To see if it'll speed up the lightening. Can you wrap up the hands and fingers as well at night?
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Oct 28, 2009, 07:44 AM
    GG, I use a papaya soap and a dermacloth to exfoliate before applying the cristalline... but I don't think it's going to work for me... I need something a lot stronger... on the bottle it says to use on the face and neck; so I'm guessing it won't be effective on the body...

I guess it's OK to use the wrap on your hand and fingers at night... I can't see why not...
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Oct 28, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post

I may try and wrap up my arms with the hq when it arrives. To see if it'll speed up the lightening. can you wrap up the hands and fingers as well at night?
    It shouldn't be a problem and you can even put on those moisturising gloves that are used at night to condition your hands. I just always get irritated when I have something on my hands when I sleep, so always end up with the gloves or wrap off, shortly after I go to bed.
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2009, 09:47 PM
    I see, well let us know what you choose next for the back. I want to eventually lighten that area along with my feet.

I may try sooner or later wrapping it on my hands and fingers. I'll wait until I start seeing my face really lightening and then give it a try.

Oct 29, 2009, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaMitchell View Post
    I ordered the 55H+ at http://ebfhair.net/ebfhairdotnet/catalog/catalog/index.php?cPath=46_52
    and it starts light my skin pretty good.

I love how sellers prey on the popular items on the threads and start promoting their website without making any other valid contributions to the board...

Oct 29, 2009, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaMitchell View Post
    sorry it is 55H+

Omg Lisa stop. We get it. We ALL need to buy 55H products from YOUR website. Thanks.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Lol... and her site charges a thousand times more than actual costs..
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Nov 3, 2009, 10:17 AM

OK so I know it's too early to tell but I'm not super impressed with the 55h+... lol... of course my complaints are the same as everyone else's about the stickyness, of the cristaline... but I guess at less than $20 I can't cry too hard... but the lotion I can't even try... the perfumy smell is so strong it makes me gag... lol.. and it's that heavy magnolia smell like granny perfume... even the cristaline smells strongly but at least I can bear that... I feel sorry for the guys trying this product lol... guess they smell "pretty" lol...

I actually feel darker after I use it... but I think it's just because it's oily and light reflects differently on oily skin...
    Miss butty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2013, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Itss A New Day View Post
    Triluma is a prescription topical cream, but broken down it is simply 4% hQ, 0.05% tretinoin, and 0.01% fluocinolone acetonide. You can purchase the hq and tretinoin online, and no it cannot be found in any BSS
    Hi guys I've been using 55+ now for a month and it weeks wonders on me.. but I had to mixed it's crème & cristaline & it started to week in just 2wks.Just try this & see for yourself... :-).Miss butty... one love.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Homework thread [ 9 Answers ]

I have to get a lot of homeowrk done by tomorrow because I missed an entire week of school from when I was sick. Its all due tomorrow and I did all I could but I still have a lot I need help with and I will post them below as I get to them.

I need to calculate the full product unit cost of both the 12pack and 2-liter product [ 1 Answers ]

I have raw materials costs 3% loss of raw materials, because of packaging requirements Packing materials costs 2% damaged materials Manufacturing expense Truck delivery fee Storage fee Wages p/year Manufacturing costs p/yr.

Product adaptation and standardisation of product [ 3 Answers ]

What is actual meaning n definition for adaptation and standardisation of product in local as well as international market? Give me with the suitable examples of german and japanies products

View more questions Search