Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    try2light Posts: 76, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2009, 05:51 AM
    Finally found something decent! Lightens me well
    Hi everyone,

I have been trying to lighten my skin for a while, I think some of you may remember me from before. I have used many things such as fair and flawless, bio claire (results initially were good then made me darker and is apperently dangerous), makari (broke me out!) and an endless list. I try and stay away from hydroquinone so was dissapointed when I found out Bio Claire included this and lots of other steroids. I think its been taken off the shelves now.

Anyway, I have finally stumbled across a product that actually works. My skin has cleared up and is completely even and I am a lot lighter in the space of only 3 weeks. It is the fastest non hydroquinone product I have used. Its called PowerWhite cream. This is their website PowerWhite Skin Lightening - Home.

Their ingredient list looked really good and I emailed them to make sure they didn't have hydroquinone. They said their main ingredient was sepiwhite instead. So far it has worked really well on me.

I know it may sound like I'm advertising, so I thought I would post some links of threads which I created myself which have nothing to do with this powerwhite cream,

Here is one I started on Bio Claire over a year ago:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...me-214771.html

Here is another thread I started about Environ Complexion Clarifier:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...de-293289.html

I also started one about St Dalfour Cream:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...am-352491.html

These were all started by me at different periods over the last 2 yrs. I tried them all in the end and had no real success. I posted those links so that you guys won't think I'm trying to advertsise this new cream or anything. Trying to find the best and strongest skin lightener has been a real quest! I came across this powerwhite cream website, www.powerwhitecream.com, and it looked quite impressive.

I am really happy with it so far. Thought I would share my results, like I did with the bio claire thread I started and I will keep you all informed - its been 3 weeks and so far so good! I will keep updating!
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Sep 18, 2009, 03:03 PM

So can you compare your new and old color to anyone? Did it lighten your body too? If you lightener all over yourbody you must have bought a lot of jars. Its only like a little over an 1 ox per jar. I emailed them like 2 weeks a go and didn't get a reply.

Sep 18, 2009, 03:04 PM
    Sorry double post
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 08:57 PM
    Congrats Try2light, I'm glad that you were able to find something that works for you. Yeah I would also like to know your original shade and how many shades you were able to lighten? Did the Environ Evenesence ever work for you?

Sep 19, 2009, 02:57 AM

Hey Red Diamond - I have only used it on my face. The rest of my body is much lighter so I really only focus on my face. I agree, its not a big tub for those who want to use it on there body. It lasts quite long if u just want to use it on the face though. I am 3 weeks into it and it's no where near finishing. I'd say I have lightened maybe 2 shades.

Hey Golden Girl - Thanks! I would say I have lightened 2 shades. I have applied this 2 times a day for three weeks and tried to keep it on as long as possible. The environ evenessence was good but not much of a skin lightener - it made my skin even and took away some old spot marks but it isn't really something that will lighthen the skin. Also, the effect is better if you use one of their Retinol Products on top of the evenessence clarifying lotion (the lotion isn't really like a lotion, its not creamy, it has the consistency of water!). It is certainly good if you want to clear your skin but not so much if you want to lighten it.

Sep 19, 2009, 06:41 AM

Thanks for the information. Do you think it would lighten the body? I plan on using retina to see if its help.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Sep 19, 2009, 06:55 AM

Oh my God!

I THINK I know who owns Power White.

I used a cream that I bought off eBay from this lady in the UK, she makes her own creams and peels. It worked really, really well.
    The picture on that website is the same picture she uses on her eBay listings.
    Just searched on her eBay listings and she doesn't sell the arbutin cream anymore :( Maybe it became such a success that she decided to make a website just for that cream?
    I could be wrong though. :)
    I bought the cream months ago for about £5.00

Sep 19, 2009, 09:27 AM

Yeah it should work on the body, I don't see why not. I suppose its abit annoying for people who want to use it on the body because the tub only seems enough for the face.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Try2light yeah the PowerWhite must be really good to lighten 2 shades in a month and still have product left over. I checked out the ingredients and they have some really good effective ingredients in there. About how big are the jars and how much do they cost?

I agree RedDiamond, using retina or an effective retinol product will help the skin to exfoliate really well and assist with lightening. I plan on trying the retina as well.

Punkchic glad to see you back! How are you? I have noticed some people who started on eBay and their products became a success and they start their own business with website and all.

Sep 19, 2009, 12:38 PM

Thanks, Golden Girl. :)

I'm good thanks, how are you?

I just contaced the seller on Ebay but she says she still sells in on eBay under the name Luminosa. If you fancy having a look
    Luminosa 60ml Advanced Blemish Treatment Cream on eBay (end time 04-Oct-09 00:19:40 BST)
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 01:10 PM
    Going well and glad that the weather is finally cooling down. Luminosa, thanks for the link, I will look into it.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 19, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by try2light View Post
    Hey Golden Girl - Thanks! I would say I have lightened 2 shades. I have applied this 2 times a day for three weeks and tried to keep it on as long as possible. The environ evenessence was good but not much of a skin lightener - it made my skin even and took away some old spot marks but it isnt really something that will lighthen the skin. Also, the effect is better if you use one of their Retinol Products on top of the evenessence clarifying lotion (the lotion isnt really like a lotion, its not creamy, it has the consistency of water!). It is certainly good if you want to clear your skin but not so much if you want to lighten it.
    I woud have to agree about the evenessence. I find it to be more like a toner and really only good for a very slight brightening effect, if anything. That said, I think Environ is one of the best skin conditioning lines out there. I would happily use their products, but not necessarily for intense lightening.

I also love their vitamin A line. Really nice on the skin.
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Sep 20, 2009, 06:16 PM

The cream on eBay doesn't seem to mention sepiwhite as one of the ingredients... and on eBay, she's selling 60ml for £5.00 and on her website it's 50ml for £14.99... do you guys think it's the same??
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2009, 07:15 PM
    Maharani I guess I won't be using the Evenessence then, as I'm looking for a potent lightener.

Maybe you could try contacting them and ask if them if the product is the same Gr8stuff?

Sep 20, 2009, 11:48 PM
    Yeah Golden-girl, I've emailed them already... hope they reply... :)

Sep 21, 2009, 03:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8stuff View Post
    The cream on ebay doesn't seem to mention sepiwhite as one of the ingredients...and on ebay, she's selling 60ml for £5.00 and on her website it's 50ml for £14.99...do you guys think it's the same???
    I don't know, they probably aren't the same. I though they were at first because of the picture. :)

Sep 21, 2009, 05:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkChic View Post
    I don't know, they probably aren't the same. I though they were at first because of the picture. :)
    They aren't the same. They replied to my email saying that they are unique and only sell through their website and they only use the pic cause it's the same jar they use but they'll change the image soon to avoid confusion.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Yeah Golden-girl, I've emailed them already...hope they reply...:)
    Thanks for the email update. Well, maybe both work as good lighteners?

Sep 22, 2009, 03:29 AM
    They aren't the same. They replied to my email saying that they are unique and only sell through their website and they only use the pic cause it's the same jar they use but they'll change the image soon to avoid confusion.
    Ta for the info!

The eBay cream seemed to work pretty well on me. :)
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 24, 2009, 01:19 PM

try2light,

How are your results with the powerwhite going at the moment. Still seeing results?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cream or Solution that lightens groin area fast? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello guys maybe you know a product that can lighten the groin area very fast? Its summer already and my groin area is unfortunately darker than my body. I'm taking glutathione and it lighten my skin but I want to groin area to be whiter FAST. Help

Will I ever find a decent guy? [ 13 Answers ]

I like this question asking thing. (: Since I live in this crappy neighborhood, all the guys here are just stupid. The high school guys, and the guys my age too. Now, I'm pretty mature for my age, in my opinion, and a lot of other people agree too. People say I should stick to guys my age,...

Getting a decent Job [ 11 Answers ]

My husband was wrongly a accused of a sexual crime and served 3 yrs in prison for it.He was set up by his ex-wife. His cousin was the one who committed the crime and they had his and my husband records combined in one. Because they both had the same name but different middle names that start with...

View more questions Search