Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beth911 Posts: 499, Reputation: 6

Sep 18, 2009, 12:52 AM
    How do I get rid of this kind of virus
    I really don't have any money at all to deal with my computer right now and I'm afraid of it getting so bad that I can't use it at all but anyway...
    A few minutes ago out of no where something popped up saying that I have 38 viruses but the thing that popped up wasn't from anything that I have in my computer and I have never seen it before. Then my back ground changed itself, the start thing at the bottom of the screen went aweay and I keep getting all these warning things and I just spent almost 100 dollars not too long ago to get the stuff on my computer for this buit now its "expired"
    My back ground says:

Warning
    You're in danger
    Your computer is infected with spyware
    All you do with your computer is stored forever in your hard disk.
    When you visit sites, send e-mails... all your actions are logged, and it is impossible to remove them with standard tools.
    Your data is sill available for forensics. And in some cases
    FOR YOUR BOSS, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR WIFE, YOUR CHILDREN.
    Every site you or somebody even something like spyware, opened in your browsers, with all the images, and all the downloaded and maybe later removed movies or mp3 songs-
    ARE STILL THERE and could break your life!

SECURE YOURSELF RIGHT NOW!
    REMOVE ALL SPYWARE FROM YOUR PC!

And I keep getting these virus pop ups from total security 2009 like every 30 seconds.
    I kind of feel threatened.
    What doesx this mean and how do I fix it?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2009, 01:18 AM
    Hi, beth911!

What operating system are you using? Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 98, Mac operating system of some kind, etc. Also, do you have a pop-up stopper installed on your computer?

Those messages that you've received may only be ads. But, I don't really know until some questions have been answered that I might ask and also what others might have to ask and say...

Thanks!
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 18, 2009, 06:54 AM

Download and run malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org/

It will scan your computer for adware andf spyware, and get rid of it.

I also suggest uninstalling whatever antivirus you have that expired, and installing AVG Free Antivirus, from AVG Free - Download Free Antivirus and Antispyware for Windows 7, Vista and XP

Sep 18, 2009, 08:02 PM

Windows xp
    No I don't think I do
    I did but then my computer broke and when I got it fixed everything was gone and I wasn't sure what to do as far as a pop up blocker

Sep 18, 2009, 08:39 PM

I don't know
    I don't know what to do
    It won't let me download anyhthing and there is really no point in taking it in. I put too much money into this computer and the warranty is over I'm guna get a new one maybe in like 6 month... hopefully
    But I don't know what to do iuntil then
    I keep getting the protection 2009 whatever thing pop uop like every 30 seconds
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Sep 18, 2009, 08:50 PM

The thing that popped up saying that you have 38 viruses a virus/spyware itself. I had almost the same thing when my computer was infected with antivirus 2009 which is a fake antivirus. I had to go through a step by step process to get rid of it. I just googled it and found a site to get rid of it. You can check out these sites on Google to find one that gets rid of total security 2009 because it is fake.how to remove total security 2009 - Google Search
    Before you do that, dowload avira. It's free and it works really well. Here is the site to download it Avira AntiVir Personal - FREE Antivirus
    Also download Avg as someone else suggested above and keep both avg and avira on your computer.

Sep 18, 2009, 11:10 PM

With a little help from all of you I think I got the problem fixed. Thank you so much

Sep 21, 2009, 10:12 PM

OK I thought that I had gotten rid of it but now it is back

Sep 22, 2009, 09:14 AM

Did you download avira? Also try downloading ad-aware. Run a scan for both.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 09:22 AM
    I agree with retsoksirhc, malwarebytes is the way to go for these infections. You'll need to download it (and Avira while you're at it) from another computer and boot your up in safe Mode to install and run them.

Sep 24, 2009, 12:59 PM

My computer won't let me download anything.
    I luckly got malwarebytes downloaded but it won't let me click on it or anything. And someyimes my compuiter just goes to that one screen about the spyware and then it restarts itself
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 01:18 PM

If you can, post the exact message that comes up regarding the 2009 message

There are a couple of malware that use 2009, just need to know which one exactly you may have

Sep 24, 2009, 01:24 PM

Well it keeps telling me to activate total security 2009 and I just want to delete the stuff from my computer. I don't know where it even came from. It just showed yp one day out of no where
    Anything else that I download it won't let me open

Sep 24, 2009, 01:24 PM
    I get the thing treying to scan it it pops uo like litteratly ervery other second
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 01:31 PM

Go to this link and go down till you see
    How to manually remove Total Security 2009
    Remove Total Security 2009, TotalSecurity 2009 removal

This involves some registry edit, I suggest if you are not familiar with or not comfortable with using the registry editor, see if you know someone who may be familiar with it and you feel comfortable

Sep 24, 2009, 09:32 PM

Under the how to manually remove it, it tells me to go to my add or remove programs..,. it iwont open. I've tried everything to get it to open and it won't. My task manager also won't open
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 09:58 PM

OK, first download and run this

Fix Task Manager. Windows System Recovery Tool | Task Manager Fix

This should give you access again and then try the above manual fix above for the 2009 malware

Sep 26, 2009, 06:14 PM

I thought I got rid fof it buyt then it seemed likje as soon as someone signed in as a guest on my computer it all came back I've tried everything listed so far except for that last post which I'm getting to now. I have spent all night several nights trying all I can to get rid of this and its not doing anything

Sep 26, 2009, 06:26 PM

This is something a person on a different site did:

Step 1: Open up “My Computer” and Open up the “C” drive
    Step 2: Open up the folder “Windows”
    Step 3: Open up the folder “System 32″
    Step 4: Scroll down to the file all the way on the bottom named “taskmgr”, simply right click and rename this file “iexplore” {{Notes I had a lot of trouble getting the process to scroll to that program as it kept freezing up–PERSERVERE! What I learned is that after about 30 minutes the whole darn rogue thing will basically get postal, larger and shut down the whole computer so you have to work fast. Also the Process Explorer- that downloads from sysinterals. Www. Sysinterntals.com is a really good idea- if you can trick into opening by catching it just as you boot up it will open a screen and after a minute or so you can delete that one number string which will TADA make it so you can launch some programs. I noticed internet explorer can open vs foxfire which can't

And bam, open this baby up by double clicking it and your task manager will open up, and find the process that total security is running, its usually a number like 34854385.exe or something like that,{{{{NOTE AGAIN- it was actually a program name that included the word Security, and there were two of them, I shut them both down and was able to launch Spybot, AND update it.

WHEW this rogue is just TERRIBLE! This took me- seriously– 8 plus hours of learning and just kicking the cr*p out of it, restarting a million times and catching that Process Screen icon- once it actually deleted it but I found it in the trash and made it work again. Just click that number and close it down. After that I've run Hijackthis {{Make sure you've got an updated kick butt program. The XoftSpySE will ask for payment once its captured. I already owned spybot . THANK YOU Anigma for the final key to the removal– getting task manager up and running by renaming it!

Remove Total Security 2009, TotalSecurity 2009 removal
    dibz001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 07:38 AM
    I think I have the same thing I can't do any thing it won't even llet me download any anit virus stuff to get rid of them :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PC virus? [ 4 Answers ]

My computer has been acting weird lately. 1. every now and then, I hear noises coming from my speakers. It seems to be a commercial of some sort. I'm not sure if someone is hacking into my system or if there is a virus on my computer. I ran SpyBot and MalWarebytes and removed all the listed...

Anti-Virus pop-up Virus [ 3 Answers ]

For the last week, every time I go online I get annoying pop-up ads and warning messages sayying' you're computer may be infected with malware and viruses, click here... " . Also, one of the pop-up ads is a virus scan. When I try to close them, I have to click close about ten times to get rid of...

Do I have a virus [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on my computer it starts making this weird like skipping noise and then the screen that says toshiba comes up and tehn it just starts listing Intel UNDI, PEX-2.1 (build 082) Copyright (c) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation For Realtek RTL8100E/1801E Fast Ethernet Network Adapter v1.02...

Virus, pop ups [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have lot`s of pop up in my PC and I can not get rid of them. I have try already some antivirus and spyware but the pop up are still there. Does somebody knows how to get rid of "trojan.dowloader.hotcom"? Thank you. Stan.

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search