Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramsas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 05:24 PM
    HIPPA rights
    Can an employer ask me for a note from my doctor after a visit?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 17, 2009, 05:58 PM

Its HIPAA and yes he can. The note will not state why you were there just that you were seen by the physician.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 17, 2009, 06:27 PM

Yes, if you are taking off work and using this as an excuse.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 17, 2009, 06:28 PM

Yep, that was my assumption and should have said that. If you told the boss you were going to the doc on company time he can ask for proof of the visit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of HIPPA rights. [ 1 Answers ]

I feel my HIPPA rights have been grossly violated. I can't find attorney's in my state of Ark. Who practice in this area. I had an ER nurse who left me in a blind hall and went out to the waiting room and said things to my stepfather and his son that was character destructive. I had said when...

Hippa law [ 2 Answers ]

I took a day off from work because I was sick. I called in to report that I wouldn't be going in for this reason. Later that day, my manager called and asked that I meet him at a job site. I explained to him that I was not at work, and that I was at home because I was sick. He proceeded to tell...

Hippa law [ 9 Answers ]

Considering the HIPPA Law: Do County Inmates have the same consideration as far as the HIPPA Law is concerned about PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY while seeing a doctor? I was concerned that they are not being given the same rights as others who see the doctor. I am concerned that they will be...

Legal Rights, Moral rights, and rights in general [ 5 Answers ]

Something popped up when I was answering a question the other day. My opinion is that there are laws(legal rights etc) and RIGHTS (moral rights) I though that itd be interesting to discuss. What are your opinions/experiences? Do you believe that the law has the right to determine our rights?

Hippa law [ 1 Answers ]

My employer decided to change our personal medical insurance as most do periodically. I received a six page application with many questions concerning my personal medical history, including diagnoses; Doctor’s name dates hospitals and the list goes on. This application provided was by the...

View more questions Search