Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmack2833 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2006, 01:05 PM
    Mediation
    My friend took a dna test and the child is his. She's 2 1/2 months old now and he is seeking 50/50 joint custody, what is his chance of getting it? I think the judge will not give him joint custody because the child is so small and has been living with the mother since birth. And also will the restraining order he has on her be a factor? Because when they went for the DNA order, the judge automatically assumed that she had one on him and when he told him that he has one on her, the judge was like, well I'll make an exception this time, telling him to call her on the phone to arrange for the dna test (which he didn't do, he had his brother call). If she had one on him, I don't think he would be encouraging her to call him, it would be done through the courts. But because he is a man, it is not taken that seriously.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2006, 01:42 PM
    The judge can order or allow one or temp contact for things to be done.
    And no you are assumming there are clerks that work for the court that have the time or concern to do these things. If there would have been a big issue, he would have ordered some outside firm to make the arrangements ( at the cost to somebody in the court action)

Rulings are hard to say, depends on so many things and the judge thierself some are very liberal, some are more man's rights, and others are more traditional and the such

But yes they need to work out the child support payments, visitations, custody arrangements and the such, normally both sides make offers for more than they really want and then some better middle ground is reached
    tmack2833 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2006, 02:51 PM
    They have mediation on Tuesday, she has been clear in her documents that she doesn't want him to have joint custody and a list of rules that she wants him to follow like, no overnights for the first 9 months, supervised visits for the first 6 months, things of that nature and he wants more than that. He wants to be very involved in his daughters life. So eventually the judge may have to make a ruling because they are not going to agree. They have a court hearing at the beginning of November.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce mediation rip off [ 5 Answers ]

This is complicated. I'll try to keep it short. Here goes. My wife moved out of the house and left me with our 2 children. I filed for divorce. When she got the papers she lied and said the kids were living with her and therefore got temporary custody. While she had temporary custody, she moved...

Mediation or Insurance? [ 10 Answers ]

I accidentally bumped into the car in front of me and caused a small crack on the back bumper of the car in front. However, because of the crack, the driver says he needs to replace his whole bumper which would probably cost over $600. He said he will not call my insurance if I agree to give...

View more questions Search