Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tatortots Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Manufactured home with no title or serial number
    I own a manufactured home on a basement. I bought it by purchasing just the land it was on. There is no serial number because the manufactured home was completely remodeled. I have looked for a serial number in all the usual places and there is no number. It does not have a title either. I live in Montana and want to know if I can get a new title for it so I can refinance it or sell it in the future.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2009, 05:38 AM
    Hello t:

It's just like a car. Go to the DMV and apply for a duplicate title. Course, you might have to show them why YOU own it first.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manufactured home title [ 23 Answers ]

My mortgage company states they do not have a title for my manufactured home and neither do I. The NCDOT states that a title was never filed with them. The place where I bought my home is no longer in business. I am wanting to sell my home but can't without a title. What are my options?

Serial # for manufactured home [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to refinance modular home but like other questions asked I'm in Minnesota with no serial # or title available would the dmv have records?

Mobile home serial number [ 1 Answers ]

I am selling a 1 bedroom mobile home. Buyer wants a title insurance. ID on home required. No ID tag on unit found. Only tag is seal on entrance door with the letters MGVV CERTIFIED MHMA/TCA REGISTERED 2614411 As a last resort I am...

Mobil home serial number for a title [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir we are trying to sell out older great lakes mobil home there never has been a title for it. The person we bought it from gave us a bill of sale 14 yrs ago the motor vehicle dept wants a serial number we have searched the home top to bottom inside out there is none what we have found is a...

View more questions Search