Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2009, 08:06 AM
    Obama Kills Missile Defense for Poland and Czech Republic
    East Europe: Rancor, relief on missile shield plan - Yahoo! News

Nobody in Europe wanted this non-working "shield", not even the people of Poland and the Czech Republic. Another money-pit eliminated. Well done.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2009, 08:13 AM

From your link
    Scrapping missile defense comes as a huge setback to many Polish and Czech leaders, who viewed it as a way to strengthen their military ties with the U.S. as a form of defense against a resurgent Russia.
    Fears of Moscow run especially deep in Poland, highlighted by a key anniversary Thursday. Exactly 70 years ago — on Sept. 17, 1939 — Poland was invaded by the Soviet Union at the start of World War II.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2009, 07:39 PM
    At last Obama is beginning to look like a statesman instead of a yes man

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missile Defense System [ 1 Answers ]

You are designing a missile defense system that will shoot down incoming missiles that pass over a perimeter defense post. The set-up is as described here.An incoming missile passes directly above the defense base. Radar at the base can measure the height, h, and speed, v1, of the incoming...

Czech translator needed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I recently completed a week filming in Prague as part of my university degree with my classmates, but we desperatly need the dialogue spoken in the film translated so we can edit it properly... any suggestions?

ITIN in Czech Republic [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Im 3d artist from Czech Republic. I filled w-8ben here. To claim tax treaty benefits I need to obtain an ITIN number from IRS. I know I must send: 1) W-7 form 2) notarized passport 3) I have document from turbosquid, where they write that I uploaded my models and may have some sales. ...

View more questions Search