Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 07:18 AM
    Ceiling fan light on, dims to bright, dims to bright.
    I have two Hampton bay ceiling fans with lights. The upstairs unit has decided to have the light come on and what it does is get bright, dims down goes off and comes right back on. The remote only shuts it off for a moment. If I hold the off button on the remote down the light stays off. Switched the fan on with the remote had to play with the on off for a while but the fan did shut off. This unit is direct wired.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 17, 2009, 08:09 AM

The remote has failed or you are getting RF signals from another source,try moving at least one dip switch in both receiver and hand held remote.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 06:27 PM

I agree, first try changing the frequency of the remote and receiver.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6yr old seeing bright light - then dizzyness, fainting [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My six year old boy just complained of seeing a bright light, then feeling dizzy, like he was going to faint. Got a call from his school nurse. He is OK now - but episode is unusual for him. He is in school @ 11:15 am - in his classroom. He had a regular breakfast today at 8 am. No...

Ceiling fan light automatically dims and brightens and dims and brightens [ 2 Answers ]

I installed a new ceiling fan, it came with a remote. Installed a second in another room, and bought an add on remote control. In still another room, I added an add on remote control to an existing fan. All worked great for a week. Suddenly, none of the remote controls work, and the...

Light dims when saw is run. Follow up [ 1 Answers ]

I ran the sub panel, which has slots for 2 breakers, from a 40amp dual pole breaker which was used to run an old pool pump using the existing wire which is "AWG 12 cu2 CDR with AWG 12 ground type UF-B 600 volts" the distance is about 75 feet. Additionally, I have the sub panel set up to run two 110...

TV & Appliances turns off, Lights dims & brightens [ 10 Answers ]

I hope I explain this accurately enough for someone to advise me. When I'm watching TV sometimes it just turns off. The vcr/dvd and the cable box stays on. If I turn on the microwave, the lights will dim and the microwave will slow down. Then the TV will turn off and the refrigerator and digital...

View more questions Search