Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edub373 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 02:42 PM
    Apartment Cleaning Start-up Pricing.
    I have started my own cleaning business and needed a little assistance with pricing my work. I am already insured and bonded have my business name, business cards and my EIN #, etc. I'm ready to go and have an appointment to meet with a company to give all my info. And a W-9. What is a good start-up price? I was thinking of giving a bid of about $20 per hour and the size of the apartments are small (1 bedroom). Is this a good price to start with or is it too low? It is basic move-in cleaning. Thank You Very Much...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2009, 08:33 PM
    Hi, Edub373!

I know just the Expert here who can help you with this. He goes by the name Stringer, and he owns a very large janitorial/cleaning company in the Chicago, IL area.

I'll let him know about your post.

If you'd like to know how to advertise on the Internet for free and get the optimum exposure, please let me know, on this thread, if you're interested in finding out about that.

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 16, 2009, 09:24 PM

Than you again my friend...

Ed, please tell me how large is the building overall; how many apartments total, are they all one bedroom? What about the common areas and the utility areas? Is this a one time clean up for a new building?

Or, is this for only one, two or three apartments as they become empty?

Stringer

Sep 18, 2009, 04:26 PM
    They are 1 and 2 bedroom. Mostly 1 bedroom. Living room and dining room conjoin, kitchen, furnace closet area and that's about it. Many apartments to do, just didn't know what to price for each one. Clean prior to move-in. That's about it.

Sep 18, 2009, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post

Ed, please tell me how large is the building overall; how many apartments total, are they all one bedroom? What about the common areas and the utility areas? Is this a one time clean up for a new building?

Stringer
    They are 1 and 2 bedroom. Mostly 1 bedroom. Living room and dining room conjoin, kitchen, furnace closet area and that's about it. Many apartments to do, just didn't know what to price for each one. Clean prior to move-in. That's about it. I'd also like to say Thank You for your help and advice.

Sep 18, 2009, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Edub373!

I know just the Expert here who can help you with this. He goes by the name Stringer, and he owns a very large janitorial/cleaning company in the Chicago, IL area.

I'll let him know about your post.

If you'd like to know how to advertise on the Internet for free and get the optimum exposure, please let me know, on this thread, if you're interested in finding out about that.

Thanks!
    Thank You for your help.. Yes I would like to find out how to do that. Thanks...
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2009, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Edub373 View Post
    Thank You for your help..Yes I would like to find out how to do that. Thanks....
    Hi again, Edub373!

When we're on at the same time, we can work on that sort of thing. I'll be on much later tonight, if you might be available.

I'm sure that Stringer will come along eventually to help you with the other issues, both in-depth and succinctly!

Thanks!
    Business Expert

Sep 18, 2009, 11:51 PM
    They are 1 and 2 bedroom. Mostly 1 bedroom. Living room and dining room conjoin, kitchen, furnace closet area and thats about it. Many apartments to do, just didnt know what to price for each one. Clean prior to move-in. Thats about it. I'd also like to say Thank You for your help and advice.
    Volume does affect your pricing. If you will constantly have many apartments to do then you should bid a little lower since the actual dollars that drop to the bottom line will be more and you will have a better, more competitive bid.

Approximately how many of these apartments will you be cleaning at one time? And, will this continue and for how long?

Please answer these questions and we can proceed to a suggested price.

Stringer

Sep 23, 2009, 01:12 PM
    These are apartments as they become empty and I will be doing the final cleaning before they are occupied. One bedrooms, they only have a few 2 bedrooms. Im not cleaning the actual building only the apartments after they are cleaned out, painted, and carpet cleaned or replaced.

Sep 23, 2009, 01:13 PM

Stringer
    These are apartments as they become empty and I will be doing the final cleaning before they are occupied. One bedrooms, they only have a few 2 bedrooms. Im not cleaning the actual building only the apartments after they are cleaned out, painted, and carpet cleaned or replaced.
    Business Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 02:41 PM

So I would suggest a price per apartment based upon the specs: one bedroom, etc.

First I would compute exactly how many hours it will take and how many people to do it.

Assuming that the apartments are 600 to 800 (850) sq ft each and with the specs you mentioned above Ed I would guess about 3 to 4 hours to complete (does this sound right to you?).

I personally would charge about $30.00 to $35.00 loaded per hour or $120.00 to $140.00 for one apartment. If there are two to be completed at the same time I would offer a 10 to 15% discount, etc.

Please choose your own pricing, this is only a suggestion.

Stringer

Oct 9, 2009, 03:28 PM
    Volume does affect your pricing. If you will constantly have many apartments to do then you should bid a little lower since the actual dollars that drop to the bottom line will be more and you will have a better, more competitive bid.

Approximately how many of these apartments will you be cleaning at one time? And, will this continue and for how long?

Please answer these questions and we can proceed to a suggested price.

Stringer
    I will possibly be cleaning 2-3 at a time and this will be long term. I will be doing 3 different complexes that the company owns. I've already set my prices and they were accepted. Hopefully everything will run smoothly. Thanks for your help. If you have any suggestions for me feel free to let me know. I'm always open for suggestions. Thanks to you both.
    Business Expert

Oct 9, 2009, 07:02 PM
    I will possibly be cleaning 2-3 at a time and this will be long term. I will be doing 3 different complexes that the company owns. I've already set my prices and they were accepted. Hopefully everything will run smoothly. Thanks for your help. If you have any suggestions for me feel free to let me know. I'm always open for suggestions. Thanks to you both.
    I wish you success, keep plugging away.
    hidefcleaning Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 11:05 PM
    [/QUOTE] If you'd like to know how to advertise on the Internet for free and get the optimum exposure, please let me know, on this thread, if you're interested in finding out about that.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Clough,

I am interested in finding out about free online advertising with as you put it "maximum exposure" I am in the Commercial Cleaning Business

Thanks,

Chris
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2010, 11:17 PM
    Hi, Chris!

I'll be glad to help you with that! However, this is the thread of someone else. Please start a new thread in Business Plans, Home-Based Business or Small Business. Those are some of the forum topic areas that I moderate, and if something goes "Oops"! I can fix it then.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial cleaning pricing [ 2 Answers ]

Good morning, What is the average price that should be charged for cleaning a commercial bldg in frederick county, Maryland? I received a proposal to clean a 9400 sq ft bldg for $585.00 per month. When I do the math, $585.00 divided by 9400 = 0.07 per sq ft. This seems low to me. What...

Pricing Cleaning by Square ft [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, I want to go into the commercial cleaning side of business. Cleaning offices and rest rooms etc, but I don't know how to properly price my services. (frustrating:( ) I was thinking about charging depending on how many visits I do to the office in a week, but that's not exactly realistic...

Pricing commercial cleaning jobs [ 2 Answers ]

I am starting a commercial cleaning business and to know how to price out the different jobs that come with the business. Please help.THANKS

Clueless on Commercial Cleaning Pricing [ 9 Answers ]

I'm starting a small commercial cleaning company. I've been offered a job that supply wise and skill wise, I'm ready for, however, I am clueless as to how to price. I know that square footage should be factored in, supplies, labor building density and time it takes to clean. But how to I put it...

View more questions Search