Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JOANNEGO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Sitting of Divorced parents and significant others
    If the parents are divorced, the father is remarried and the mother is in a relationship with someone for 3 years - where do they all sit
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 16, 2009, 12:05 PM

I am assuming you mean the sitting arrangement for a wedding in a church, right ?

If all get along well together, and the people you mention are on the bride's side, then on the bride's side of the church as it should be. If the other way around, then on the groom's side.

Surely for a happy occasion such as this, everyone can get along to make it a proper wedding with no misgivings.

Then on the other hand, if it is at the reception for the main table, then I would wing it and just seat the wedding party at that table and let everyone else, parents and all have their own table, or wherever they want to sit. As far as I can see nowadays, everyone does their own thing instead of following tradition. There are so many parents broken up these days, there is no other option then to play it by ear.

Ms tickle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorced parents [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married and my husband and I are divorced but on friendly terms. He remarried last year; I am on my own. The wedding is being held in the village he now lives in and at the church he was married at- all rather difficult for me, but it is my daughter's choice and obviously...

Divorced/non-divorced parents college tuition responsibilities in Indiana [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Indiana. I have a friend who is divorced. It is in his divorce documents to share in paying for his children's college education, but it is in there because his lawyer told him there is a state law in Indiana that requires parents (divorced and non-divorced) to pay for their children's...

Parents are Divorced [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 15 and I live in MN, USA. My parents are divorced and I want to go live w/ my Dad but I'm not sure if I have that choice yet?

Divorced Parents [ 8 Answers ]

I am 15, turning 16 in October. My parents have been divorced since I can remember. I visit my dad every other weekend. My question is when I turn 16, I plan to go to more parties and such because I can drive. How do I separate from the dad? On those weekeds I would rather do other things, it...

Divorced parents [ 3 Answers ]

My husband's daughter is getting married. Her mother is not married, but living with someone. At the wedding the daughter would like her mom and dad to dance together. Is this proper etiquette. My husband wanted me to find out the correct procedure. Thank you

View more questions Search