Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DGeno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Hooking up sub woofer to Panasonic VSX-305 Home Theatre System
    Can someone please tell me how to hook up the sub woofer that came with our Panasonic VSX-305 Home Theatre System when the back of the receiver that came with it does not show a place to plug it into? This is becoming very frustrating as the manual shows a diagram for the VSX-405 which has a plug in but does not show any diagrams for the VSX-305. Much appreciated.
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Sep 18, 2009, 10:19 AM

I'd love to try to help but I can not find any vsx-305 receiver or home theater system on the Panasonic web site. I can find both vsx-305/vsx-405 in Pioneer though.

There is no subwoofer out on the Pioneer vsx-305, but there is in the Pioneer vsx-405, as you said.

Please double check the model and give me the model number of the entire system so I can find it.
    done Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 10:13 PM
    The manual covers both the VSX 305 and 405/6. The later models (400 series) have facilities to connect a sub-woofer. The VSX 305 does not. Recommend you find a sub-woofer that operates off speaker level inputs and connect your center channel speaker outputs to the sub-woofer then on to the center channel speaker. Mine works great.
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Nov 4, 2009, 10:36 PM
    What concerns me is:
    Quote Originally Posted by DGeno View Post
    ... the sub woofer that came with our Panasonic VSX-305 Home Theatre System ...
    If you were sold the sub-woofer along with the [Pioneer?] surround system, then either the vendor has cheated you (in which case you should go back to them for a full refund, and go elsewhere), or the sub-woofer is one that can work with the VSX-305.

There are passive sub-woofers (e.g. the BIC America C-10 PAS) that have both input and output speaker terminals for left and right speakers. You would run wires from the amplifier's L and R Front speaker terminals to the sub-woofer's corresponding INPUT terminals, then more wires from the sub-woofer's OUTPUT terminals to your front left and right speakers.

Capacitors inside the sub-woofer block low frequencies from reaching the front L and R speakers, those low frequencies (bass) being handled by the passive sub-woofer.

Let us know if your sub-woofer looks like one of these passive types.

Daniel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting home theatre system [ 3 Answers ]

Need some help. I am trying to connect a new surround receiver, new dvd, new satellite receiver (all with hdmi ports) to a sony rear projection hd TV with no hdmi ports. How do I hook this all up correctly? Thanks in advance.

Hooking up home theatre [ 1 Answers ]

Need help hooking up following components: sony bravia kdl46S3000, maganavox dvd/vcr combo #mwd2206, scientific atlanta cable box 8300hdc, rca dvr #drc-8052N, and a yamaha rxv583 receiver.

Hooking up Old TV to VCR and Home Theatre System [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a old TV with a coxial input, a VCR with the (red, white, yellow) both input and output and coxial input, and a home theatre DVD player with (red, white, yellow) input. How do I hook it up so the DVD player works on the TV. Can I use the VCR as a modulater or do I need a modulator?...

Hooking up a panasonic home theater system [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a panasonic home theater system and I'm needing someone to help me hook it up, I have a direct TV system and a JVC big screen TV,:eek:

Setting Up My Home Theatre System [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased a HD Digital Television Receiver to add to my Plasma, DVD player/recorder and Surround Sound System. How do I set it up correctly so that my audio comes through the surround sound system and I can record shows from the new receiver? Any help would be SOOOO...

View more questions Search