Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 17, 2009, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Et what I was pointing out that out of the 300,000,000 users on facebook 210,000,000 are not Americans so any poll is pretty much bullsh*t. Well anything from facebook is pretty much bullsh*t
    True.

But if THAT MANY people on Facebook are against nationalized health care, and 70% of them are likely from countries that OFFER nationalized health care, then it tells me that they are people who have experience with what national health care means AND 70% OF THEM DON'T LIKE IT.

Essentially the poll has NO statistical value whatsoever. But it SHOULD be a warning to us about how well liked nationalized health care is around the world.

Elliot
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2009, 01:06 PM

Et did you ever think not everyone voted on this poll ? What if 10 people voted and 7 said no that would be 70%. Hence Bullsh*t.

Sep 17, 2009, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Et did you ever think not everyone voted on this poll ? What if 10 people voted and 7 said no that would be 70%. Hence Bullsh*t.
    True again.

But then why mention 300 million users?

I have no intention of checking the poll to see how many people have seen and voted in the poll. I happen to hate all the social linking websites.

But if it wasn't a significant number of people who voted in the poll, why mention it at all?

That's not a question for you, actually. It's a question for whoever first posted the poll.

Elliot
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2009, 01:22 PM

I am with you on the social networking sites ET! I mention the 300 million because that has been on the news lately so I just wanted to point out it is not 300 million Americans.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2009, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    That's not a question for you, actually. It's a question for whoever first posted the poll.

Elliot
    That would be inthebox.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2009, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    But if it wasn't a significant number of people who voted in the poll,
    As of right now it's 512 people.

Sep 18, 2009, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    As of right now it's 512 people.
    About 1/3 the number in the IBD poll and 1/4 the number in the NPR poll.

Rough estimates, of course.

Elliot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Square footage [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a house. It was just what we wanted and our realtor assisted in finding it and successfully negotiated the deal. We had the house inspected and the mortgage company is fine with everything. The house is on MLS as 2000 square feet but in fact is about 1800. We don't really care as the...

How do you put footage dvd footage on tape [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to put dvd clips on to vhs tape like if your making a highlight tape. Because I have a few tapes with footage and one dvd with footage and I'm trying to put a few plays from each tape and a few from the dvd on to one blank tape.

Has the Democratic Party always been the cry-baby Party? [ 21 Answers ]

This is an honest question and I’m looking for an honest answer. Since I can remember Democrats talk about what a lousy country this is and constantly complain about the “unfairness” of life, the “evils” of big business, the never-shrinking scourge of racism and homophobia, and the inevitable...

Square footage [ 6 Answers ]

How do I calculate the square footage of a room

View more questions Search